This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I got

Hey guys just got back from the Whiteplains NY reptile show. I picked up this boa from a guy who only had her for a week. She only cost me $75 because of a scar on her tail from live feeding. The guy I got her from rescues reptiles so I'm assuming she is a rescue. She has never eaten f/t until today, she took a f/t rat no problem. She has a slight case of RI which I'm hoping will go away within a week but if not then off to the vet she goes. She has the best temperment you could ask for and she is dark, with her tail being almost completley black. So I'm like her rescuer ;D ;D. Anways here she is :

Re:Look what I got

Hey Zack,

Nice looker there.. Glad she in caring hands now.. if you need any assists, just email or call me... 845.482.7272

Great luck with her..
    Steve

Comment

nice one u got one hell of a deal u gonna breed her?

Comment

Congrasts on you rnew snake.Just make sure to watch out for that RI make sure it doesn't get anyworse. I wouldf take her to the vet just incase.
        Good luck with her!

TAT 8)

Comment

Hello Zack,

Glad to see that boa in good hands. You got yourself a beutifull boa. I like the darker colors she has.

Comment

tat- i know im just giving her a few days to get established, i know shes stressed so im just gonna watch if it clears up within a week then thats good, but if it gets any worse during that week im going to bring her to the vet, I would never just leave a snake here hoping that shes gonna get better when she isnt

Comment

thanks viper, i always liked the darker colors too. once shes out of quarantine i will put them together and take a pic of them together to show the contrast of colors

Comment

8)Hey Zack shes a nice looking boa ya got there! good to here shes in better care now and please do keep an eye on the RI.. And she looks alittle thin so now that shes in your care she will gain weight and hopefuly get better from the RI... Nice pic...

Comment

thanks cuda, i wont let thr ri get any worse, I'm just seeing if the ri will clear up in a week because it might just be because of the stress, but if it gets any worse i will bring her to the vet right away. How often should i feed her? 2 small rats a week until shes up to par?

Comment

Nice color, man that tail is dark.

Comment

Hey Zack,

You still gonna use her name? Think it fits her well..)

Steve

Comment

definatley steve, Chance it is. I 've been calling her that all day ;D. The wierd thing is though is that when most snakes have RI they are lethargic, and Chance is all over her cage exploring, she resists movements when she doesn't want to be moved, which is a good sign, and eats. Well I'll be on the chat room tonight so I'll talk to you guys there.

Comment

Hey Zack,

I am sure you are already doing it. But just in case, drop the humidity to like 20-30% and up the heat close to.. 84 on the cool side, 91 on the hot side. Just watch she doesn't get too plugged up with mucus. The last think you want to have her go through is a lung flush..

Keep us posted on how she does..

The name fits her well..)

Steve

Comment

yep steve i was right on, except for the humidity was at 40 im gonna drop it down to 30 now. Thanks

Comment

Anyways, we are calling the vet tommorow and im assuming she will be going in either wednesday or thursday I just want to be more safe then sorry with the RI.

Comment

Working...
                              X