X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33 mos guyana female

HI,
    Playing with the camera tried to get up and close with my female ,she was trying to help. You can see a few scales in this picture.

the second picture was cetered weighted on the back 1/2 of the boa the face was a bit fuzzy still have that nice Guyana pink though..

She's been a good BCC today, I had her out yesterday and she seems like she wants out today..
    doug ;D

Re:33 mos guyana female

Beautiful snake, Doug. Very nice contrast on her.

Bry

Comment

awesome looking guyana doug.. i had a male just like her same colors and everything but everytime i had him out he struck at my face so i had to get rid of him for my kids safety incase i had him out and the kids got to close to him not to get bit so i wish i still had him the guy who has him now can litterally stick his hand in his mouth and not get bit. figures after i sell him he won't strike lol.

LEE

ps the guy who took him took him cuz of his aggression and now is upset that he isn't aggressive lol guess he likes to be on his toes all the time while holding any of his reptiles.

Comment

What kind of cage is that? Gorgeous snake, by the way.

Comment

Very nice boa. Beautiful. Nice shot also, seems like a good camera. 8)

Comment

I allways enjoy looking at hose guys Doug. Keep them comin.

TAT

Comment

Another nice Boa Doug...
              Steve

Comment

Boy, they love the raised shelves!

Nice pictures Doug. You always take nice photos.
                To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                -Clay English
                Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

HI,
                  Thanks for the nice words about my little girl, The shelves have worked for the female, the male likes the 1st floor I ve notice a considerable temp gradient between the first and second floor.
                  Much warmer around the che's.

the bottom floor has over head mats but the floor isn't heated so the male chils down there, my ambients are around 82 and the cage is aroound 86 top floor and the air is 82 on the first but if you belly up to the floor its probably a little cooler. I believe the male snakes are instinctively protecting their reproductive organs males have higher counts if the parts stay a little cooler.. well enough about that repro thingy.
                  They haven't mated and probably never will,, thats ok with me them Guyana babies are a major pain to raise and I bet a lot of them never make it to their first birthday.
                  They sometimes hang out together in the feed box if I leave it in the cage after feeding the male After they are done I just reomve the cover and the male hangs in the feeder box up to two weeks ..

This was feeding day and they are fighting over who's getting the first rat I put the male in a large plastic container with his food and the female eats one off the floor
                  after about 45 mins, sometimes I tap her with the rat to stimulate a feeding response I can see she's waiting for me to do that sometimes.

the feeding box is under the cage they are waiting for me to put Rudde in it and then I feed the female thank good ness she's not to aggresive a feeder or I would have problems.
                  each one of my Boa's seems to have its on feeding quirks...

The cage was custom built for me to my specs by a carpenter who also builds cages..He was a little surprised about the size but I don't think he's worked with adult bcc and I didn't want to buy another cage in a couple years. hehe
                  You need a truck if you want one shipping is too much.. he delivered mine because it was to heavy to ship and the size was a problem 46"deep 72" long most of the pics only show about 1/4 of the cage.
                  and it had a shelf.. I have pictures of him assembling it at my house on the reptile photo album-- doug's kids. ;D
                  doug

http://www.petcabinet.com/

Comment

wow doug, AWESOME boas, i like them cages too ;D

Comment

Working...
                    X