2 snakes better than 1 ....Recommended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 snakes better than 1 ....Recommended

My snake actually looks bored. The way it lays with her head dipped over her body staring at the apsen. I take her out daily. I want to get my Columbia Redtail a Pastel companion from 2nd Alarm. I just wanted to know after having two snakes can you tell the change in behavior far as day activity? Do snakes fight?

Re: 2 snakes better than 1 ....Recommended

Thanks for wanting a Inferno line pastel. No VeronicaMars snakes don't fight unless they are two males, and it's during breeding season, and it's no more than harmless combat to see who gets the female. But you should never house two snakes together.
    2nd Alarm Reptiles
    Pastels "R" Us
    http://2ndalarmreptiles.com

Viiper (Virginians Interested In Protecting Every Reptile)

Comment

HAWK is right Veronica...err Mars...anyhow...you should never house two snakes together. Believe me, they aren't social, they don't require companionship like our cats, or dogs. The only time they come together is for breeding purposes.

Comment

Don't project human emotions and needs on a reptile with no such capacity. It will drive you into bad decision making that will satisfy your imagination and not the snake's actual needs.

Comment

HI,
          In nature and in captivity most animals compete for food, there have been accidents with more than one animal too a cage.
          Most snakes actually stress when around another . my boa's are pretty hostile around feeding day, they will fight to protect their food.

Try and get a second cage, many of the boaphiles are pretty cheep even less money than fixing up a glass tank when you figure in the heat and all, not to mention they hold humidity much better than most tanks.
          Doug

Comment

Working...
          X