Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you like better and or find more user friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you like better and or find more user friendly?

What do you like better and or find more user friendly?

I am having the Boa site re-done and am looking for a little input from the folks who I do all this for. What kind of web page do you find is the most user friendly to browse through when looking for Boas that are for sale?

1. A site like Pete Kahl's site that shows a list of animals and allows you to click to open a larger window for a better look? Prices can be seen up front. The animal description and number can also be seen up front and there is a button right there to "bag it".

2. My friend Bigg Mike from Basically Boas photo pages show a list of a dozen animals. Plus many additional pages to see more and more animals that are for sale. Prices are right there and a click brings you to a larger image and greater details including the number of the animal.

3. My own site links you to each page that has a little history, the description, number, price, order button and a large image of all the animals on that page. Jeff Ronne/The Boaphile pages.

4. None of the above. I prefer something else. Please detail and or show a link to the something else for us.

I would appreciate if some of you would detail exactly what you like and or don't like about any way some of the pages are done. I think this will be an informative thread that will help anyone that has or is thinking about setting up a web site selling Boas.

Please do not vote for mine because I am asking this question. I can do this any way I want to do it now. I am really interested in feedback from the greatest number of people possible about what format keeps you looking longest and shows you what you are interested in seeing. Please vote.

Thank you for your participation!

Perhaps one of the animals you will see for sale on my site will be this one:

The Pete Kahl Available Pages
    26.92%
    The Basically Boas Available Pages
    3.85%
    The Jeff Ronne/The Boaphile Available Pages
    30.77%
    None of the above:
    38.46%

theboaphile.com
    boaphileplastics.com

Re: What do you like better and or find more user friendly?

i like how Bryan has links on each available animal showing parents and multiple angles/shots of snake.

http://www.bryansboas.com/available/hypomelanistic.html

i see PK does this as well...very important IMO

Comment

Pete Kahl's site is OK to navigate but not my favorite.
      Bigg Mike's site is pretty good too but the "available" section could use a litte refinement.
      The site I like best and find the easiest to navigate would be

www.allboas.com Gray Rushin's site is very intuitive and keeps my interest longer than most. It is very easy to move from one section to another and the photos on the front page always rotate so you never know which of his boas you will see when you log on.

Comment

I actually really like your website style Jeff. In fact I tried to get my web designer to stylize my website after yours. He did not and would not listen to me though and nothing about my site looks like yours. I like the way you list the Boas and information about there parents and lineage. I like the details you give as to Boa Morph type Name(Monstertail Jungle), species (like Colombian) ,date of birth, length, male /fem , price and ID number.
        I like Mikes way of doing things as well though because you get several pictures price and ID.
        PK's website is set up well but needs more pictures and info on specific Boa lineage, birth dates , lengths. I personally like to be able to compare all the Boas from a specific litter to one another. Not just see a some what generic Boa pictured and have to figure its ID# to gain knowledge about it and its litter mates . You may pick out the best Boa over all but you have no idea what the rest of the litter looked like. So you don't really know the over all quality of the genetics from any certain group or breeding..Just because a boa looks great doesn't always mean everything. It might be a freak in a bunch of very plain or average looking Boas ,so genetics might not be a complete package. Where as you get to see all the sibs and they all look as good or better. You know you can make a choice and feel good about what your getting and the results it should produce. Sorry about this long answer,this is one of those things I have strong feelings .Hope I've made clear helpful statements here.
        . . . . . Lar M

Lar M
        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denny_Rimes View Post
          Pete Kahl's site is OK to navigate but not my favorite.
          Bigg Mike's site is pretty good too but the "available" section could use a litte refinement.
          The site I like best and find the easiest to navigate would be

www.allboas.com Gray Rushin's site is very intuitive and keeps my interest longer than most. It is very easy to move from one section to another and the photos on the front page always rotate so you never know which of his boas you will see when you log on.

allboas IS nice.

Comment

I like table format sites, ala Kahls or AllBoas...seems like a very clear way to lay out the information, and is typically easy to navigate.

I like the sort options on both of those - once you pick a category, you can easily sort by male or female or price.

I would give a nod to Allboas.com (and therefore voted "other" in the poll). I like the multiple angles/pics of the boas, and the thumbnail, medium, and large pic size options.

I do NOT like Big Mike's site based on webshots. It doesn't look like a custom website that a high-end breeder should have, imho. And it's got advertisements and other "stuff" that are distractions.

SO...my vote is to go with an Allboas.com type of approach, but then where appropriate, add your extra lineage information like you have on your site, because I think that's a great add.

HTH.

Comment

Hey Jeff. I prefer your site over the others because of the history that you give and the layout. It is easy to navigate. With that said, when I was shopping around for a boa the website was confusing in that I wasn't sure if the site had been updated because some of them were listed for sale but had birth dates of '04. The way it was worded didn't seem updated. Also, I live here in Minnesota so I thought that would be fairly easy. I sent out several emails and PM's to those that I was interested in and yours is one I didn't hear back from. I found a boa that I liked and made the purchase. I would like to get a Boaphile cage from you next year. I like the pics on your site - good size. I like the way you can choose what morph of boa by the heading. I also like your selection. Keep up the good work!

Comment

The basically boas site is too busy, and confusing. PK site is more streamline and user friendly. I like to choose from a list of morphs, then have pic of available listed in order of cost from least to greatest. Also a shopping cart or bag it is a must. There is nothing worse than wanting to buy something, then having to figure out how to order it. The shoping cart for the boaphile plastics is very easy to use.

Comment

I like Greys site as well....the same way Pete does his as far as the available listing. Lists the morphs and has a thumb nail of the image and allowed to get more info on each animal. Thats the way to go in my opinion. If the images are large it takes forever to load even more so to navigate...especially when you need to scroll to get more info off to the side.

Comment

I like your site the way it is Jeff. The only thing you need to do to it is keep it updated. I know you like the phone but alot of people like the computer now days. Snakes that are on there for a while should have updated photos and show when the photos were updated. Like the peruvians and surinames on the your site. I am sure look a little different now and are bigger. Also if someone uses the paypal link for a animal it should mark it sold then so people know it is not available. I think alot of people see animals you have for sale and are interested and then don't know for sure if the animal is still available since it appears the site isn't updated very often. Also since you don't respond to email very well hurts your selling of the boas.

Comment

I would go for a site that is distinct from anyone elses. You want something that when people look at it, they know that it's yours and not someone elses.

As far as the pic of the snake you say may be on your site for sale. I can top that. I just had a hypo born that is like that but the "lack of pattern" goes the entire length of the body. Sorry, no pics yet and most likely will be kept...

-- Mike

Comment

I like Jeff Ronne's site.

The pictures are BIG.

All the boa's are on one page.

Not too much flipping around.

I hate small pictures and Bad pictures.

I hate having to always double click pictures just to see the animal.

I like Gray's ALL BOA"S because there is a link to the parents.

I also like the multiple pictures.

Great pictures except they are too small even after Super sizing them.

Comment

Again I gotta say ... www.allboas.com has my vote for user friendly, infomational/structure and pics of each animal. Great all around site imo. Of the three you asked about Jeff (Mikes, yours and Petes I would have to say Pete but none of the three are in the top several that I feel are nicest of the sites I have navigated in the past few years.

Comment

I like all the boas to be on one page... i hate when you have 4 boas and then you have to click the next button to look at the next 4 boas... ANNOYING!

I like when the pictures are a decent size and you can click on the picture to make it BIGGER and not the same size on a different page... POINTLESS!

It might be too much but maybe when you click on the image to make it bigger you can at the same time provide more views to look at? Because sometimes one isnt enough...

I like when the age, year, sex, price, and morph are a separate area of information and not the link in which you click on to view the exact same thing but in whole page mode or to see a bigger image... sometimes when you make it the link you can read the year, morph, and pri......... ::click here for the rest of the information that you wish was just bluntly stated so you dont have to go through all the clicking:: you get the point...

I also like that when you click on the Available link you're given a list of the types of morphs for sale so if you are looking for a specific type you can click on it and not have to look through other morphs as well... but if you arent looking for a specific type and want to view them all you have a nice little **view all** button there...

Most of all, provide a picture!

if i think of more i'll be happy to let you know!

Melissa
                            Last edited by mbraun3; 06-15-2008, 01:20 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

jeff
                              i like NERDs site, it is easy to maneuver!!

Comment

Working...
                              X