Down to the wire on HR669...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down to the wire on HR669...

I got a call from my friend Jeff Ronne on Saturday afternoon asking if Kathy and I could help out with a final push to get signatures to oppose HR669.

Like everyone, we had much to do this weekend and not enough time to do it, however I HAD to say "Yes" to Jeff because some things are just that important. Well, things got set into motion and I gotta say that when he is motivated, Jeff Ronne can really make things happen. He got several hundred packets of letters printed and had them waiting at our local kinkos copy center.

Well, we spent the entire day Sunday at the local reptile show talking to folks and getting signatures. We even brought the kids, one is wearing an NCARK t-shirt. We are very tired, nothing got done around the house but it was the best way to spend a day that I can think of.

Total count:

150 packets with signatures or

nearly 3500 signatures to be sent to Tom Wolfe via FedEx courtesy of Jeff Ronne.

It is amazing what we can get done if we only just try!!!

Re: Down to the wire on HR669...

i went to the dixie reptile expo in birmingham alabama sat. and ballpython.net was down there had a ton of packets, by the time i left i asked them if there were any left and they said nope, all signed, they had a box of letters they were fed-exing to tom wolfe tomorrow, i think if all the expos that were held this weekend did likewise, these messed up in the head congressmen aren't going to be able to get in there office's when tom deliver's them tomorrow lol, i hope he gets a moving crew for all these letters he is going to need help

Comment

Great job Denny, Kathy & kids amazing work. You guys
      have accomplushed a great deal thankyou

Lar M
      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I got a phone call from that wonderful man and did the same thing at the Indianapolis show today... I have 250 packets to print addresses on now and its going to be a long night... Glad to do my part though...

Comment

Originally posted by nraduski View Post
          I got a phone call from that wonderful man and did the same thing at the Indianapolis show today... I have 250 packets to print addresses on now and its going to be a long night... Glad to do my part though...

Great job!

Comment

I still can't believe that neither of us brought a camera, Nick! Now we can't be activism rock stars!

Comment

Originally posted by beastie View Post
              I still can't believe that neither of us brought a camera, Nick! Now we can't be activism rock stars!

I know how is it that we both forgot a camera and business cards??? what were we thinkin... all i know is i still have alot of addresses to do and its 11 and i need up at 4 for work.....

Comment

Hey Jeff if you look at this thread I do have a question that's been bugging me for a while now.

Are the Cosponsors and the Subcommittee one and the same ?

The reason I ask is that I can't find anything labeled Sub committee in all my searching

Only what info I've recieved through USARK has told me this.

I'm not one that likes to go on what one source gives even though I trust this source.

What i have found is the House Committee on Natural Resources

House Natural Resources, Subcommittee on Insular Affairs, Oceans and Wildlife
                both of these are listing the same 48 members

So my question is how do these 48 members affect this HR 669 ?
                Are they all voting on April 23rd ?

Thanks , Lar

Lar M
                Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

thanks to everyone so far! i can't say that i've done near the number of packets many of you have, but i applaud your efforts!

so who all took part in the call-in day today? i managed to contact each of the offices (local and DC) for each of the reps. most of them were very nice, and said they'd be sure to pass on my message to the reps. only one (in a DC office) said he would not due to my not being a constituent, buy when i called the local office, they said they would pass it on!

Comment

Working...
                  X