Before... and After. (DUW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before... and After. (DUW)

My BRB, Samson shed last night... this time he actually did it in one piece. The last shed was complete, but came off in pieces. Anyway, I thought I'd share some before and after shots. The before pics were taken last Friday (Oct 23, 2009) during a spot cleaning of his cage.

Before:

And after.

Samson's a burrower, and I hadn't realized it, but his snout was all dirty with mulch dust. As I was unraveling the shed the tip of the nose was all dark with dust. ...dirty little guy. But now he's all fresh and clean.

Re: Before... and After. (DUW)

sweet dude i really like the in and after shed idea shows such a difference

Comment

it's kinda funny, but when mine's in her blue phase, i almost think she looks kinda cool all gray and cloudy....

but then she sheds

Comment

How big do BRB's get??

Comment

I don't know. I kinda like the blue. But that green iridescence is awesome!

-Sean in NoCal
          “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
          -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Very nice brazilian rainbow boa! Looks very good after the shed!

Comment

Thanks guys.

I've always preferred to snap photos right after a shed when it comes to any snake I've had, but while I had him out I was admiring how muted and blue he'd become, and thought a before and after series would be cool to get a real sense of how brilliant a fresh shed can be.

Originally posted by cwaybrown View Post
              How big do BRB's get??
              BRBs get to be 5 - 6ft long. Males tend to be a little shorter than the females, but this is not a hard an fast rule. ...I've seen 6 foot males.

Comment

Very nice! I love the differences of the BRB's in shed. My girl is crazy different. My girl is in shed right now.. I can actually tell when she starts getting dull about 2 weeks before she sheds.

Great little girl! Good luck with her.

Comment

Wow, Samson is looking great Mike. The before and after shot are excellent!
                  "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Nice rainbow!

Comment

Working...
                    X