Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate going to reptile expos cuz this happens :D

My brand spanking new late '09 Hypo male from lynn at Boas and Balls - Home

still thinking of a name might name him time or something like that because of the hour glass on his if you got some name ideas let me know

came from a Hypo het albino x hypo jungle het bino
    do you think its a jungle??
    and one more question if there was no albinos in the litter does that me he is not het albino at all.... he wasnt sold as a het i was just wondering

Re: I hate going to reptile expos cuz this happens

Wow! Congrats, Mike! What a beauty. Some really great color there, and that tail...!

As far as names go... maybe "Sandy"? I know he's male, but given that hourglasses are also called sand glasses and sand clocks... and with his abundance of freckles it would be fitting.

Nice pick-up, man!

Comment

Congrats Mike!
      He would be a Possible Het. Even if he doesn't prove out to be Het, he is still a very nice looking. As far as Jungle goes, I really don't think so. Did you get to see the Jungles that came from his litter?

Comment

I love that tail....WOW...lovin thoce stripes on the tail...overall beautiful snake...congrats on the new edition.....Mike

Comment

He looks awesome man! Congratulations!!

How about "Sandman" for a name.

Comment

Sweet Hypo! His tail is so bright!!

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
              Wow! Congrats, Mike! What a beauty. Some really great color there, and that tail...!

As far as names go... maybe "Sandy"? I know he's male, but given that hourglasses are also called sand glasses and sand clocks... and with his abundance of freckles it would be fitting.

Nice pick-up, man!
              thanks
              hmmm sandy .... OOOO sandman maybe?

Originally posted by jvarner View Post
              Congrats Mike!
              He would be a Possible Het. Even if he doesn't prove out to be Het, he is still a very nice looking. As far as Jungle goes, I really don't think so. Did you get to see the Jungles that came from his litter?
              thanks
              i did there was only one or 2 jungles from his litter they had SMALL amounts of connections but didnt really notice any jungle head print but the 2 jungles i just bought dont really have definitve jungle head prints either though so i was just curious if you guys saw any jungle in him

Comment

Sandman would be an awesome name!

Comment

Congrats Mike! Without seeing the rest of the litter (and parents) it is kind of a hard to call with certainty that it is or is not a (salmon) jungle. The tail does show the squared off look that many salmon jungles have, but saddles are not so much jungle in appearance ... but many time once you combine two co-dom triats (i.e. salmon and jungle) they can take on a look of their own not entirely like either alone. The conected head stripe to first few saddles is also tell-tell jungle (being aberrant), but hard to call.

By the litter not having any albinos/SG's in it (and if both parents are in fact hets) then you have a 66% chance that yours infact will be het for albino. I am guessing it was a small litter for there to have been no albnos in it since with a het to het breeding you will get 25% of the litter to be visuals/homo/albinos.

Hope this helps a little ... best way to tell is when you have multiples from, or the entire litter in front of you (or parents also). But jungle or not has an amazing tail and nice looking boa! Thanks for sharing with us

Trey Stowell
                  Wichita, KS

Comment

That's a prertty little Hypo Mike !

Lar M
                    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T.Stowell View Post
                      Congrats Mike! Without seeing the rest of the litter (and parents) it is kind of a hard to call with certainty that it is or is not a (salmon) jungle. The tail does show the squared off look that many salmon jungles have, but saddles are not so much jungle in appearance ... but many time once you combine two co-dom triats (i.e. salmon and jungle) they can take on a look of their own not entirely like either alone. The conected head stripe to first few saddles is also tell-tell jungle (being aberrant), but hard to call.

By the litter not having any albinos/SG's in it (and if both parents are in fact hets) then you have a 66% chance that yours infact will be het for albino. I am guessing it was a small litter for there to have been no albnos in it since with a het to het breeding you will get 25% of the litter to be visuals/homo/albinos.

Hope this helps a little ... best way to tell is when you have multiples from, or the entire litter in front of you (or parents also). But jungle or not has an amazing tail and nice looking boa! Thanks for sharing with us

Trey Stowell
                      Wichita, KS
                      that definetly help thanks trey and from what i saw it was a small litter but she might not have had everyone up there there was one jungle 5-6 hypos and i THINK 2 poss super hypos i saw so i'm not sure how big the litter was i sort of thought jungle but i cant really tell low expressions from a just a cool aberrant boa im not that cool yet

Comment

I don't know anything about genetics and jungle stuff, but he is gorgeous! Hehe, no that's why going to expos is fun! It's so much more fun picking something out in person and carrying it around with a huge smile on your face.

Comment

great pickup and a great price. one of the better ones of that litter. wish we could have met up.

Comment

He is beatiful man, love his tail! I feel like a loser you go to the expo and come home with a beatiful snake, all i come back with is a baby spider...lol
                            But i got the supplies i needed so hopefully i can get this breeding going.

And i don't have any names right now, but i am pretty sure he would be a 66% het albino since there were no actual albinos in the clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovemyboaconstricto View Post
                              He is beatiful man, love his tail! I feel like a loser you go to the expo and come home with a beatiful snake, all i come back with is a baby spider...lol
                              But i got the supplies i needed so hopefully i can get this breeding going.

And i don't have any names right now, but i am pretty sure he would be a 66% het albino since there were no actual albinos in the clutch.
                              i wasnt going to get anything but it was a such good deal on such a gorgues boa i couldnt resist lol and its ok you got what you REALLY needed i didnt NEED another boa lol

Comment

Working...
                              X