My Lemke Line Hog Island + a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Lemke Line Hog Island + a few questions

This is Kali my '08 Lemke Line Hog Island. As of today she is 422g. I bought her last year at an NARBC show. I tried to do a search online to find out more info on this particular line, without much success. Is anyone able to tell me more about the Lemke line? What characteristics was he trying to bring out in the hogs? My guess is the pinks. I haven't seen many hogs with as much pink on their sides as mine has. Compaired with the photos of when I first got her, she is getting even more pink.

Photos from today (dark phase)

Taken 9/6/09 (Medium to Light phase)

Taken 11/15/08 (Her true light phase)

Re: My Lemke Line Hog Island + a few questions

Beautiful photos! I love hogs. I wonder if mine are from the same line, they also have a lot of pink, I don't know anything about the different lines though.

Comment

you know I'm not familiar with that line but that is a gorgeous looking hogg man awesome pick up

Comment

Well, there seems to be few members on here with that particular line of Hog due to all the RTB hits I get from searches so somebody should know I would think. I can't seem to find anything else other than ad's for snakes available. I n one of those ad's however, they stated that "these are pure Hogs" but I'm not sure if they were referring their own personal stock or the Lemke line itself... http://www.constrictorsnw.com/availa...slandboas.html

Is this Lloyd Lemke or Mark Lemke we are talking about? Cause those are really the only two I can find related to the reptile world and from the looks of it they both started ZooMed together. I could be wrong but I think it's one of these people you are talking about....looks like I've got a good days reading ahead of me...good thread!

Comment

From the little that I have been able to find out .. it is Lloyd Lemke who produced this line. From what I understand, Lemke line was comprised of pure locality hogs. But that is the extent of my knowledge on this line.

Comment

VERY nice high quality pics as usual Kimmey!
            Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

If I have my head on straight it was Loyd Lemke who imported Cayos los Cochinos or Hog isle Boas into this country,
              at least he was one of the first
              I don't believe Loyd was actually selectively breeding for anything .He was just breeding the stock he had.
              I may be wrong about that point though.

I'm certain Jeff and Clay both have Lemke Line Hog Isle Boas

By the way its always spelled like this Hog Isle , "Hog" with one "1" " g"
              Often 2 "gg's" are used to indicate a non pure HoGG type Boa usually they come from Hypo /Hog Sunset type pairings

I know Lemke Line Hog Isle Boas are pinker and I believe some high orange as well.
              I don't have complete info though

Lar M
              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

really nice pics,love the last pic...the pinks are awesome...Mike

Comment

Loyd Lemke and Bob Sears were the first to import Cayos de los Cochino from Honduras. They both kept their stock pure so having either line means having pure Hog Island Boas.

As with Lar, my impression is that the double G (Hogg) refers to either unknown lineage or outright crosses. There has been a difference of opinion on this but from what I've seen this is my own conclusion.

You can find out more about the Hog Island boa from Gus Rentfro. He is "da man" when it comes to pure locale boas.

Welcome Rio Bravo Reptiles

Comment

Thanks Dirty I was having brain Malfunction and couldn't remember Bob Sears name , LOL

Come to thin k of it Jeff Sears line Hog Isle Boas ,
                    I don't know if has Lemke line also

Lar M
                    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

wow man that is a great looking hog!

Comment

Thanks. I really love how these guys change color. I think I will contact the breeder and see what kinda paper trail I can find. Getting a male for her is probably going to be my next purchase.

Comment

Working...
                        X