What do you make of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you make of this?

So I have this strange Boa born in a litter of Pearlescents in 2005.

The flash does strange things to this animal. The lower half that looks like a different shed is actually much more different than this picture would lead you to believe. It's very contrasty. The lower half mostly has very very little or no real black influence to it at all.

Now over time she has developed more and more of these random white scales. White as in they could not be any whiter white.

These stick out more when you see them in the flesh. She is about 6 1/2' now and ready to make her first babies. These white flecks are only on the sides. There aren't any on her back at all. She is not het Albino so no way it's that type of white flecking. So what about it? Is it something or no?

I doubt that it is, but you know I'm going to have fun trying to find the answer to that one! I have just the boy for her. There is one and only one male from that litter that is showing any of those little white specs...

This is a close up of one of her sisters just for fun:

Time will tell.

theboaphile.com
    boaphileplastics.com

Re: What do you make of this?

Could it be she has oculocutaneous albinism in her scales? Kinda like an aol person with grey hair? Thats wierd, maybe its a gene that was produced right along with the Pearlescence? I still remember a couple years ago I spoke to you about the Pearls @ the NARBC show in Tinley Park.

-Rob

Comment

I have had that on hypos and aneries,but have never seen it on my normals.

Comment

Hold on now, are you close to producing a Piebald looking boa? Contrasty LOL! I guess so, I've been dying to see some 'real' white on a boa, if you end up getting babies with white spots I definitely see one in my future.

Mat.

Comment

I don't know but it might be easier if you send her over hear to michigan so I can get a better look at her! HaHa

Comment

I have ALREADY told you Jefe....the more you keep polishing off them trophy Boas of yours the quicker your going to rub off the color!!!

Only time WILL tell on those my friend!
            Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

She is neat, kind of interesting how the black speckles are kind of like the dividing line and how she is pretty clean below that line, except for in the side medallions where she has speckles again. hmmm Thats what I love about breeding, its like you are creating living artwork with all the different patterns and colors. You throw the colors and patterns together(the genetics) and somewhere around 100 POS, out pops the artwork!!

Comment

[QUOTE=The_Boaphile;406613]

I have just the boy for her. There is one and only one male from that litter that is showing any of those little white specs...

QUOTE]

I want to see the brother. I hope there is a pied or lucy-looking boa in your near future - and with the magic touch you seem to be having proving out crazy stuff I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Edit: God a pied boa would blow everything out of the water wouldn't it?

Comment

You never know until . . . . ,.

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

what exactly are pearlescents? is it your own line of hypos?

Comment

Working...
                    X