New Photoshoot setup:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Photoshoot setup:

Well I decided to tinker with a new set up today. I am using a Canon Powershot A75 with nothing special:

Male Anerytheristic:

Female Dumerils Ground Boa:

Male Albino Boa:

Female Argentine:

So what do you guys think? Comments/Suggestions welcome!

-Rob

Re: New Photoshoot setup:

Great lookin pics and boas Rob. bring in some more lighting and get away from the flash and they'll be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrayu View Post
      Great lookin pics and boas Rob. bring in some more lighting and get away from the flash and they'll be awesome.

I agree

Comment

AWESOME!! I love the Albino shots, it's like the snake is just hanging in the air. I love the Anery too, I seem to gravitate toward the extremes in dark and light when it comes to boa preferences so Aneries and Binos get me every time.

Mat.

Comment

beautiful argentine, im usually nnot a fan but thats a handsome animal

Comment

Hay guys, you are awesome! I really appreciate the comments and suggestions.

@Atrayu - I would love to get rid of the flash, how would I set up a light source for this. Do I shine the light right onto the animal or what? Like I said I am no pro at this so suggestions are great!

-Rob

Comment

What type of camera are you using? Also what type of flash? If you have an attached flash aim the flash straight up the air and get an index card and attach it to the front and sides of the flash with a rubber band. Hopefully you know what I mean..kinda hard to explain. But it will direct the light away from the snake but still give enough for a good picture. You may have to tinker with it a bit as far as angle but hopefully it helps.

Comment

I want a pair of argentines in the future. They are great animals.

Comment

@ Spo0led - I am using a simple Canon Powershot A75 (Nothing special) and no I do not have a seperate flash, its attached to the camera. So with an attached flash how would you suggest aiming it away from the actual shoot?

-Rob

Comment

aim it at the ceiling,let it bounce off.

Comment

Thats hard to do because its an attached flash

-Rob

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterBoas View Post
                        @ Spo0led - I am using a simple Canon Powershot A75 (Nothing special) and no I do not have a seperate flash, its attached to the camera. So with an attached flash how would you suggest aiming it away from the actual shoot?

-Rob

step back and use your zoom. Im not really a fan of zoom on point and shoot cameras but using it just a little will be ok. If you step back a few feet then the flash will not his the snakes so hard. Plus you can always crop the pictures in your editing software so it doesnt matter what extra stuff you get in the shot as long as you get what you want..the rest can be taken out.

Comment

OK great advice. When I get the next photoshoot rolling I will take your advice and make sure I get the pictures posted so I know if I need additional suggestions. Thanks guys this should be fun!

-Rob

Comment

Saw your page too, you gotta let this guy....know when you have some little ones.

Comment

Not a problem! I am working with some great pairings this season so one will never know what I push out! Boas and Monitors are my life and cant wait to share my projects with others!

RTB.Com ROCKS!

-Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X