Motley jungle or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motley jungle or not?

I picked this girl up in Hamburg, PA yesterday. She came from motley het albino x jungle het albino breeding making her possible jungle 66% het albino. The Chuck had another from the same litter whose pattern was much more connected. I chose this one because the broken pattern led me to believe maybe she got lucky and got the jungle gene. Anyone got any feedback? The pics are with a camera phone as i do not own an actual camera sorry.
    Attached Files

Re: Motley jungle or not?

Can't tell much by those pics. I don't really see jungle but better pics would help alot.

Comment

That would be hard to tell by just looking, Just a Motley can have erratic markings that look familiar to a jungle. Like in many cases the only way to know would be to prove it out by breeding.
      None the less It is an awesome snake. I love the motley and jungle line.

Comment

I gotta see the tail need better clearer pictures !!

Lar M
        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

ya like snake77 said motleys can have weird patterns they arent always connected they can just be messy and smeared across there body so like everyone else better pics would help but the best would be to prove it out

Comment

No offence intended Poznak, but I can't be 100% sure that is a Motley from those pictures, let alone a far more subtle generally, Jungle. You will need GREAT pictures of that animal to get a legit educated answer on your question.

theboaphile.com
            boaphileplastics.com

Comment

Sorry everyone. I'm a bit low tech over here I don't even have television let alone a digital camera. Time will tell i guess. Thanx for the replies though.

Comment

looks more motley than jungle to me.

Comment

If I'm gonna weigh in based on the photos you provided, I would say that snake looks motley enough, the sides of the snake in the second photo show that off pretty well. I don't see anything that indicates jungle, at this stage.

Motleys and jungles are coloured quite differently and the colours on a jungle can sometimes take some time to come in, so you might have to wait for the snake to age a bit more. Even then, the one thing many of us struggle with is trying to capture a snakes colour accurately even with a good camera.

Based on the pattern alone, there isn't really anything that distinctively says jungle. Not all jungles have a lot of aberrancies so the pattern may not indicate whether you have a jungle or not, hence the reason I mention colour as being important. So the jungle could be there but it could get masked by the motley. I think the only real way you are going to know is to breed it and see if you get any jungles in the litter.

I'm sure there are probably jungle motleys out there that are obvious but there are probably a bunch of others that aren't.

Comment

Working...
                  X