not even close .. well, here it goes .. =D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not even close .. well, here it goes .. =D

hi guys, i'm a newbie boa keeper .. i just bought a normal nic for about $85 (if converted into your currency .. hehehe .. here's my lil` guy .. not even close to being as purrty as what you guys have ..

-/+ comments will really be appreciated ! tia ..

and here's a little problem i'm having ..
    http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/hea...tml#post412074
    hoping for more inputs on this too ..

thanks !

Re: not even close .. well, here it goes .. =D

I think he is a good looking guy! I like the Nicaraguan boas. As far as his tail goes, I think it will be fine. I can't really see anything wrong from the pictures.

Welcome to RTB's.

PS: Congratulations on your new boa!

Comment

Hey man he's a great looking nic, I cant' see anything wrong either. welcome to the forum.

Comment

Well, I think he's gorgeous! Shame on you---you should apologize to the poor little guy and quickly! LOL

Thanks for the pics and I don't see anything wrong with his tail either.
        http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by jvarner View Post
          I think he is a good looking guy! I like the Nicaraguan boas. As far as his tail goes, I think it will be fine. I can't really see anything wrong from the pictures.

Welcome to RTB's.

PS: Congratulations on your new boa!
          Originally posted by chaosboa View Post
          Hey man he's a great looking nic, I cant' see anything wrong either. welcome to the forum.
          Originally posted by zamora View Post
          Well, I think he's gorgeous! Shame on you---you should apologize to the poor little guy and quickly! LOL

Thanks for the pics and I don't see anything wrong with his tail either.
          errr, i'll try to post better pictures of this little booger's tail that's tilted downwards, maybe three days after tomorrow, because tomorrow's feeding day. lol !
          i really have no idea if this is a male or a female, i'm hesitant of doing the popping thing `cause i know it must be done by experts and as for probing, i don't have a probing kit .. lol, so judging on its appearance .. what do you think guys ?

hmm, about its color?!
          is it going to go light or darker when it grows ?!

thanks for all your nice cOmments guys ..
          and for the warm welcome too !

Comment

Don't sell this little guy short. He is real nice looking.

Welcome to the RTB family. Check out the Ulitmate Care Guide. It'll asnswer a lot of questions and help you learn how to care for these awesome animals!

-Sean in NoCal
            “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
            -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

I love Normals. I have one myself. And your Nic is quite the looker! Nice pick-up. And don't worry about comparing your boa with others'. As long as you like him, care for him that's all that matters.

As for the tail. I had a BCI Normal many years ago who had a tail just like that. It was a birth defect - a kink at the very tip. The only problem he ever had with it was that it didn't always shed properly so I had to help him out from time to time. Otherwise he was a great and happy boa.

As for gender: It's hard to tell from the photos. One way to check is to look at the size of his spurs. This isn't wholly accurate, but males tend to have larger spurs than females. But like I said this is not an exact method since some females can have large spurs. If you aren't familiar with popping or probing - don't! Have it done by a vet or a breeder. To be honest, if you aren't going to be breeding you can get away without knowing. There are quite a few folks here who have boas of undetermined gender. My BCI Normal (Bella) may not be a female, I went by external ques since her gender was not determined when I picked her up. But since I have no plans of breeding neither she nor I will be offended if I call her a female.

Comment

like i said before probably just a kink hes a good looking boa though i really like his pattern welcome to the forums you should check out the ultimate car guide to

Comment

All Boas are pretty in my eyes , he's a nice looking little guy !!
                  congrats

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
                    welcome to the forums you should check out the ultimate car guide to
                    Hopefully it includes the '69 Dodge Charger.

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                      HA!!!! Nice one.

Mat.

Comment

you got him there ..

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                          All Boas are pretty in my eyes , he's a nice looking little guy !!
                          congrats
                          thank you sir ..

Comment

Welcome! im farily new as well and evrybody has been extremely helpful

Comment

I love Normals. I have one myself. And your Nic is quite the looker! Nice pick-up. And don't worry about comparing your boa with others'. As long as you like him, care for him that's all that matters.
                              oh, yes .. right right .. that's what we keep in mind too, in the flowerhorn fish hobby .. (i'm shifting to snakes now though, hehe)
                              yep, that's what is important ..

As for the tail. I had a BCI Normal many years ago who had a tail just like that. It was a birth defect - a kink at the very tip. The only problem he ever had with it was that it didn't always shed properly so I had to help him out from time to time. Otherwise he was a great and happy boa.
                              so i guess it really doesn't to be buggin` me that my baby boa has that .. lol

As for gender: It's hard to tell from the photos. One way to check is to look at the size of his spurs. This isn't wholly accurate, but males tend to have larger spurs than females. But like I said this is not an exact method since some females can have large spurs. If you aren't familiar with popping or probing - don't! Have it done by a vet or a breeder. To be honest, if you aren't going to be breeding you can get away without knowing. There are quite a few folks here who have boas of undetermined gender. My BCI Normal (Bella) may not be a female, I went by external ques since her gender was not determined when I picked her up. But since I have no plans of breeding neither she nor I will be offended if I call her a female.
                              as of now?! naaahh, i've far too much to learn before i even start to think about breeding boas .. but i would really like to be able to in the future .. it would be nice to see products that i can call my own .. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X