09' F2 Litter of Aztec Siblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09' F2 Litter of Aztec Siblings

Hello, All 4 boa's in this photo came from same litter. They are the result of breeding 2 normal looking boa's we held back from an Aztec x normal litter that was produced in 2005, making these boa's F2's. Hoping to someday isolate what we think is some kind of color mutation within the Aztec gene. Take care. Andrew

Re: 09' F2 Litter of Aztec Siblings

Very interesting! Is the one in the top left really as "lavender-ish" as it looks in the photo? (I know that's not a word but it's all I could think of).
    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
      Very interesting! Is the one in the top left really as "lavender-ish" as it looks in the photo? (I know that's not a word but it's all I could think of).
      was thinking the same thing. There is really something amazing going on with the aztec.

Comment

Yes the boa really looks like it has that much Lavender or Burgundy if you will. Actually I think some kind of Hypomelanism is at work, especially looking at the tail. In case some are wondering this litter was produced from the only pair of normal looking boas ever held back, produced in 2005 from Aztec to normal breeding. Both boa's stood out from the rest of the normals so we had a good idea something neat was going to be produced when bred together. A photo of the Dam when she was a yearling. Andrew

Comment

all are very sweet looking boas. That one aztec boa looks really happy to be around humans.ha

Comment

It looks like it to me also but just the top left one so I don't think its light.

Two of them look snippy but they all look great!

Comment

those are really neat, and mom is gorgeous do you have any adult pics of the parents?

Comment

Wow! They are all great looking, and I love the color spectrum they cover! Simply amazing. I would like to know more about these Aztec boas.

Comment

wow really picture nice lots of color and good looking boas .... but i though the aztecs always had connecting patterns or did i miss something andrew?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew potts View Post
                    Actually I think some kind of Hypomelanism is at work, especially looking at the tail.....
                    ....A photo of the Dam when she was a yearling. Andrew

that is one GORGEOUS normal! i've got one that my wife and i bought (from a pet-shop, of all places ) that looks VERY similar... just a bit more speckling than yours, though...

she's probably around 2 years old now, maybe just a bit under that. i have always known she was MUCH lighter than a 'normal' boa, maybe a pastel... that's kind of the consensus i've gotten from people when i have asked around a while back. not sure if i'll end up breeding her in the future... we'll have to see...

Comment

Mike, That's because they're not Aztecs. The 4 boa's together are the babies of the female boa(a normal Aztec sibling) pictured by itself which was produced from an Aztec to normal breeding in 2005. We held back only one male and one female from that litter and they bred this year producing the 4 boa's in the initial post of this thread. Hope this helps. Andrew

Comment

Andrew I see what looks like 4 different Boas almost in this group shot

1) High color bright tail Boa

2)A Lavender colored Boa with strange color tail & possibly Dark eyes(Upper left side )

3)A Boas tail in the back that has an Anery Look to it's tail

4)Basic average normal type Boa

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
                        wow really picture nice lots of color and good looking boas .... but i though the aztecs always had connecting patterns or did i miss something andrew?

Mike These are not Aztec Boas they are F2 non Aztec
                        from 2005 non Aztec siblings

In other words Aztec are a Codom mutation

so half the babies in a litter are Aztec the other half are normal

These babies parents came from the normal half of the 2005 Aztec litter

The special thing about them is there is a possible color mutation
                        that needs to be isolated

Lar M
                        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Larry thanks so much. Another fascinating aspect of the Anery Boa and the Lavender boa is they both have black eyes. Neat. Andrew

Comment

ah thats kind of what i thought lol thanks so what did the aztecs from that litter look like?

Comment

My best guess is that Lavender colored Boa with dark eyes

at the very least is het Anery but

maybe something even more special

Fun Stuff ! !

Merry Christmas Andrew !

Lar M
                              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X