Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Christmas present this year.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Christmas present this year.

    I have been studying monitors for a couple years now. I finally decided to break down and pick up a young Savannah Monitor. They are not a very easy species to keep properly so I really like the thoughts of a challenge.

    I don't know the sex but it is one mean little booger and doesn't like me at all.




  • #2
    Re: My Christmas present this year.

    Beautiful monitor Chris. Hopefully it will calm down a bit for you.
    "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My Christmas present this year.

      so cool, chris!

      i've wanted a big lizard (i.e. monitor, tegu, green iguana) for a while now, but don't wanna mess with the BIG CAGE requirements

      back that camera up so i can see what you've got him in

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My Christmas present this year.

        Originally posted by dangles View Post
        so cool, chris!

        i've wanted a big lizard (i.e. monitor, tegu, green iguana) for a while now, but don't wanna mess with the BIG CAGE requirements

        back that camera up so i can see what you've got him in
        Right now he is in an old 4' x 2' x 2' melamine cage I wasnt using anymore. He has about 5 inches of dirt to dig in. He will soon have an 8' cattle water trough for his cage with a custom top on it. They require alot of space and food.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My Christmas present this year.

          Originally posted by clsutt29 View Post
          Right now he is in an old 4' x 2' x 2' melamine cage I wasnt using anymore. He has about 5 inches of dirt to dig in. He will soon have an 8' cattle water trough for his cage with a custom top on it. They require alot of space and food.
          which is why i've steered clear

          sounds like he'll be SET, though! hope you have fun with him!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My Christmas present this year.

            Cool pick up...that was my first reptile about 15 years ago..and he got huge...he was also very feisty at the beginning but calmed down later on...they are pretty smart too...

            What are you feeding him...?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My Christmas present this year.

              Originally posted by jgonzalez305 View Post
              Cool pick up...that was my first reptile about 15 years ago..and he got huge...he was also very feisty at the beginning but calmed down later on...they are pretty smart too...

              What are you feeding him...?

              Mostly Roaches crickets and other bugs. I give him a fuzzy or 2 a week too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My Christmas present this year.

                awwww cute, i got one in Nov for my bday, love the little guy...they do eat alot O,O than want more lol...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My Christmas present this year.

                  Cool Christmas Present brother!
                  Ernest



                  www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My Christmas present this year.

                    Originally posted by clsutt29 View Post
                    Mostly Roaches crickets and other bugs. I give him a fuzzy or 2 a week too.

                    you can also give him ground turkey...and stuff veggies in it...kinda like stuffed meat balls...and don't forget the calcium powder..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My Christmas present this year.

                      Very cool monitor! I have always been interested in them but with all the other animals I'm keeping at the moment I just don't have the room. Maybe one day. Keep us updated on this one!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X