Cici

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cici

Well after research that really went no place, lots of frustration, and worry I contacted Jeff @ boaphile. He was able to identify my girl and answer some concerns that I had over her age Vs. weight and length. She needs to go on a diet I guess.

Jeff says she is an Anerythristic Boa. And that if she is really only 10 months old that she is grossly overfed. ( She was a rescue in september and the girl said she was only 5 to 6 months old. So that would make her approx 10 months old. But she is 4 to 5 ft long. she is only fed a small (6 to 8 week) old rat every 10 days.

Here are some nice Pics of CICI today that really capture her "rainbow" and her total cuteness!

any ideas on how to slim her down?

Thanks, Jenna & CICI

Attached Files

Re: Cici

yes for 10 months 5-6 feet is very VERY overfeed my early 08s and late 07 arent even 5-6 ft i'm sure she will be ok just be SURE to keep us updated

BTW that is one pretty boa and WELCOME to the fourm check out this care guide its kind of a boa bible

RedTailBoas Presents the Ultimate Boa Care Guide!

Comment

She looks very nice to me! Doesn't look to overfed or fat in the pics?

Comment

Thank you. I will read up. Here are some pics that I took over the weekend of her stretched out. How can you tell if they are fat?

4 to 5 feet long? Could the lady just have lied about the age or been miss informed of the age when she purchased it originally?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jenna,

First of all, welcome to the forums. Cici's a very pretty boa. If you keep her on one small rat every 10 or so days, I think you'll see her start getting her "girlish figure" back in the next few months. Good luck with her, and keep us posted on her progress.

Mark

Comment

She really doesn't look overweight for her length. If the former owner did not have a DOB, she may be off on her age. I'll say it again, she's a looker.

Mark

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Very nice boa. As far as being overfed, if you are giving it a small rat every 10 days then that should be fine. If doesn't look fat to me. If you want you could cycle it's feeding a bit for winter. Maybe feed a small rat every 14-21 days until the spring then go back to every 10-14 days. Sometimes this helps achieve a bit more muscle tone by cutting back on food during winter months. Since it is still a growing boa I wouldn't cut back too much though. I believe your boa is probably just older than you think it is. The person you got if from may not know the true age.

Edit: Looking at the second post of pics I'd say it doesn't look fat at all. I think she didn't know how old it really was.

Comment

Nice lookin baby Jenna..are u sure CiCi measured 5-6' or are u guessing? Thats pretty BIG for her age. Either way she is a nice lookin Boa! and Welcome Aboard!
                Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Cici was a rescue. The lady that had her was only about 19 and wouldn't touch her because she would hiss at her. CICI was free. When we got her she was 18 inches to maybe 24 inches. That was the begining of Sept. She was also kept in a 10 gal critter tank, no hide, and super small water bowl. 60 watt heat lamp. She kept the tank at 78* she was also feeding CICI 1 mouse a week on thursdays.

We waited a week to feed her and she got a small just weaned rat. She also got moved into a 55 gal with levels, hide, day and night time heat, under tank heater, and large water bowl and lots of stuff to climb on. Her tank is now kept at 84* at night and 92* day.

When we got her, because the rats were larger then the mice we decided 1 rat every 10 days. CICI also refuses to eat FT. the lady who had her said she would only feed her FT.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by BigPaPaErnest View Post
                    Nice lookin baby Jenna..are u sure CiCi measured 5-6' or are u guessing? Thats pretty BIG for her age. Either way she is a nice lookin Boa! and Welcome Aboard!

let me get her measured quick for an exact length. I was guessing because the table she is on is 6 ft across corner to corner.

Comment

also something that struck me as odd was that when we got her. i believe it was the 6th of Sept. her eyes were milky but they cleared in a couple days with no shed. She didn't Shed until haloween and no poops or pees that hole time either. I was getting very worried about her at the time. then she shed every two weeks. last shed was christmas eve.

Comment

It seems more easy to believe they had the age wrong than for it to grow 4 1/2 or 5 foot in under 1 year. I don't know if that is even possible. Ecspecially if you've had it on a 10 day schedule of 1 small rat.

Also, how is that an anery when it had red all over it? I don't understand?

Oops, forgot to say welcome to the forum, and nice looking boa!

Comment

43" measured not quite fully stretched. i am just going by what Jeff Ronne Sr. told me today. she really isnt red at all. she is gray.

Comment

Around 3 1/2 foot might be possible in a year, dunno. It does not look fat to me either. It looks like its just a good eater and a great boa. I think it's fine.

Comment

ya i think the age is wrong she doesnt look overweight and when boas are over feed they are normally really fat

Comment

Working...
                              X