Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me what kind of boa this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what kind of boa this is?

Here are some pics.

Re: Can anyone tell me what kind of boa this is?

ill tell you what it is, its an AWESOME boa!! look at that reverse stripe, OMG! so when are you gonna send her to my place?

Comment

Looks like a normal with a cool stripe. Nice snake

Comment

looks like something special to me with reduced pattern and the reverse stripe that is an amazing boa

Where did you get it??

Or i could be crazy and its just a really cool normal

Comment

Ill pay for shipping so you can send it to me and I'll tell you what it is...

What ever it is it's sweet looking

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
            looks like something special to me with reduced pattern and the reverse stripe that is an amazing boa

Where did you get it??

Or i could be crazy and its just a really cool normal
            thanks, i wanted to get back into snakes, i use to breed them but i had to get rid of them, i was looking on craigslist and came across him, i knew he was special, i got him for 100 bucks, he has never had a heat lamp or uvb bulb, unfortuntely they didny really know what they were doing, but im really excited to see how hes going to look after he sheds with the uvb bulb i got him. i was looking on this site under boamorphs, i think thats what its called and there is a stain that is called pearlecent, if you scroll down to the 3rd or 4th male i think it was, the male and my snake have the exact same patterns, unfortunately mine is not a hypo.

Comment

Looks like a very nice common boa to me with an awesome reverse stripe You should send her to pair with my new girl that has a nice stripe lol

Comment

wow very nice boa abberant reverse stripe common? my guess

Comment

Originally posted by Nunzio View Post
                  thanks, i wanted to get back into snakes, i use to breed them but i had to get rid of them, i was looking on craigslist and came across him, i knew he was special, i got him for 100 bucks, he has never had a heat lamp or uvb bulb, unfortuntely they didny really know what they were doing, but im really excited to see how hes going to look after he sheds with the uvb bulb i got him. i was looking on this site under boamorphs, i think thats what its called and there is a stain that is called pearlecent, if you scroll down to the 3rd or 4th male i think it was, the male and my snake have the exact same patterns, unfortunately mine is not a hypo.
                  Ok, this is kinda hard to explain but what you have is a nice boa with a reverse/inverse stripe. Very few boas with stripes like that are genetic, meaning that the pattern is caused from a gene much like in albinos or hypos. This gene could be recessive, dominant, co-dominant, or incomplete dominant. The Pearlecent boas you were referring to are a form of reverse stripe that has been proven to be genetic by Jeff Ronne Sr. He has tried to prove out several different inverse stripe lines, but this is the only one that he has proven out to be genetic. I believe the Pearlecents are dominant or co-dominant. Most inverse stripes are not genetic and the trait will not pass on to offspring. This is why the Pearlecents are so valuable, they can pass on this look to their offspring.

Whether or not you have a Pearlecent strain of genetic inverse stripe will only be proven upon breeding. You can be assured that if it is a genetic reverse stripe then it didn't come directly from Jeff Ronnes Pearlecent line due to the price you paid. If you have been on Jeff's site then you can see why I said that, they are pretty high priced! I have seen many inverse stripes as nice as yours that aren't genetic. You have a very nice boa either way. Maybe you can contact Jeff and he can give you more info on his Pearlecents and maybe his opinion on yours. Your boa is very nice though and a steal at $100! Why can't I get a deal like that?

Comment

Is it for sale???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JLTerry View Post
                      Ok, this is kinda hard to explain but what you have is a nice boa with a reverse/inverse stripe. Very few boas with stripes like that are genetic, meaning that the pattern is caused from a gene much like in albinos or hypos. This gene could be recessive, dominant, co-dominant, or incomplete dominant. The Pearlecent boas you were referring to are a form of reverse stripe that has been proven to be genetic by Jeff Ronne Sr. He has tried to prove out several different inverse stripe lines, but this is the only one that he has proven out to be genetic. I believe the Pearlecents are dominant or co-dominant. Most inverse stripes are not genetic and the trait will not pass on to offspring. This is why the Pearlecents are so valuable, they can pass on this look to their offspring.

Whether or not you have a Pearlecent strain of genetic inverse stripe will only be proven upon breeding. You can be assured that if it is a genetic reverse stripe then it didn't come directly from Jeff Ronnes Pearlecent line due to the price you paid. If you have been on Jeff's site then you can see why I said that, they are pretty high priced! I have seen many inverse stripes as nice as yours that aren't genetic. You have a very nice boa either way. Maybe you can contact Jeff and he can give you more info on his Pearlecents and maybe his opinion on yours. Your boa is very nice though and a steal at $100! Why can't I get a deal like that?
                      That's not what I was hoping to hear. I've recently bought a pair of reverse stripe boas over here in the UK, and the female is gravid to the male. We're very much hoping that the stripe proves out in at least some of the babies.

These are our two anyway.

Thanks for looking,

Andy

Comment

Thats a VERY nice Reverse Stripe you got there and VERY cheap at that i might add! Jeff would be the one to help you understand the Pearlecent part...i don't think it is...but it IS one nice boa!

Originally posted by tattoodfreak View Post
                        That's not what I was hoping to hear. I've recently bought a pair of reverse stripe boas over here in the UK, and the female is gravid to the male. We're very much hoping that the stripe proves out in at least some of the babies.

These are our two anyway.

Thanks for looking,

Andy

WoooOOOOO Andy...i can't wait to see what comes out of that breeding!!! Keep us posted!
                        Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Well at the very least it is an awesome reverse stripe and if it was a $100 then obviously the seller had no idea or appreciation of it's value, so it could be anything. That boa would easily fetch 5 times that in the states and close to 10 times in Canada. We on this site have personally witnessed someone buying what they thought was an Arabesque that actually turned out to be a KWB from the original litter (which I'm guessing is worth way more than HopingForBabies paid for it.)

Mat.

Comment

thanks for the help guys.
                            and no, he's not for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by tattoodfreak View Post

Wow nice boas! I can't wait to see what you produce. Now as far as the pattern being genetic or not, just because it isn't genetic in the sense that it can be passed in a recessive or dominant manner the babies could still have similar abbarent patterns. This is sometimes seen with laddertails and other abbarent breedings but is usually found to be a poly-genetic trait or even could be caused by the environment, meaning that something else could have caused it such as the temperature gradient during gestation.

Sometimes just breeding abbarent boas to abbarent boas can produce more abbarent boas or at least some. This is why proving out such traits takes time and outbreeding to an animal that isn't showing the trait or maybe to another morph. Then if it is proven not to be dominant or codominant then breeding related boas that aren't visual for the trait to each other may be needed to see if it is recessive.

Comment

Working...
                              X