Pics of my boa collection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my boa collection.

Hi guys. I'm new here, so thought i'd show you my boa collection. Still early days at the moment, but there are lots of things i want to get, and lots of things i want to make, so we shall see.

Harley - Common BCI who started my fascination with boas.

Edna - Another BCI of unknown origin. She's a bit lovely though, and gets prettier with every shed.

Penelope - Columbian BCI. Currently being seen regularly locked with Harley (above) and i *think* has possibly just had a small ovulation. Fingers crossed!!!

Dotty - Sonoran x Salmon BCI with a partial tail stripe.

Cyril - Hog Island x Hogg Island cross. He's got a cool little skull looking bit on his tail and likes to hiss a lot. Bless him.

Burt - Gee line hypo BCI poss het anery.

Ernie - Burt's brother, so another gee line hypo BCI poss het anery. Unfortunately, this boy won't sit still, so it's hard to get a decent pic of him. There are small differences between him and his brother. Burt has a lovely vivid tail but slightly dirty background markings, whereas Ernie has a cleaner background, but a more subtle tail. Either way, they're both lovely.

Bonnie - Reverse stripe BCI. Recently purchased and is very much looking to be gravid after being paired with a reverse stripe boy who we bought with her. Hoping we can prove out the reverse stripe as genetic but we shall see.

Walter - Reverse stripe BCI. Bought with Bonnie above and father to the babies that we hope she's carrying.

Mabel - Suriname BCC who is possibly the most stunning in my collection if I'm honest. I think she's absolutely beautiful, and has a lovely temperement to match.

And last but not least, we're waiting on this gorgeous poss super ghost boy, who Chris (Ez4pro) is importing in March. Cannot wait to get him!!!

Thanks for looking,

Andy.

Re: Pics of my boa collection.

Some beauties you have there. I have to agree the Suri is super hot... I like those a lot. Gotta say I'm a sucker for reverse stripes though... and I love big ones like Penelope... and Ednas pattern is sick.

I guess I like a lot of them.

Comment

Awesome collection man!

Edna is wicked bro. Do you have more pics of her by chance?

Comment

Ok...FIRST OFF Andy, i think you picked the wrong name for yourself!...Should be PiercedFreak, instead of TattooedFreak!

Dude, you have SOME WICKED lookin animals brother! Can't wait to see the babies from that RS Pairing man! Keep us posted.
        Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Really nice collection, I like them all and LOVE the ghost. just a thought You said unknown origin about Edna do you mean bloodline, parents, morph? just a suggestion but she looks Central American IF you where meaning morph anyway just my opinion. lovely collection.

Comment

Originally posted by bterrill View Post
            Some beauties you have there. I have to agree the Suri is super hot... I like those a lot. Gotta say I'm a sucker for reverse stripes though... and I love big ones like Penelope... and Ednas pattern is sick.

I guess I like a lot of them.
            Thank you. I think they're all rather nice too.

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
            Awesome collection man!

Edna is wicked bro. Do you have more pics of her by chance?
            Thanks dude. It's coming along nicely.

No particularly recent pics of Edna. I'll try and get some new ones when my girlfriend gets home from work this evening. They'll be indoors though as we've got snow at the moment.

Originally posted by BigPaPaErnest View Post
            Ok...FIRST OFF Andy, i think you picked the wrong name for yourself!...Should be PiercedFreak, instead of TattooedFreak!

Dude, you have SOME WICKED lookin animals brother! Can't wait to see the babies from that RS Pairing man! Keep us posted.
            Haha. Well I've only got the 6 piercings and I've had about 100 hours tattoo work, so the tattood bit seems fair to me!!!

Again though, thanks. They're all pretty lovely animals. And don't i know it about the reverse stripes. I'm so hoping we get at least SOME babies that are like the parents. Roll on April...!!!

Originally posted by ron petri View Post
            Really nice collection, I like them all and LOVE the ghost. just a thought You said unknown origin about Edna do you mean bloodline, parents, morph? just a suggestion but she looks Central American IF you where meaning morph anyway just my opinion. lovely collection.
            Thanks Ron. I'm really exciting about the ghost boy. I can't wait until the end of March when he arrives in the UK.

And literally, i know nothing about Edna at all. We bought her as a baby from someone nearby who'd been given her as part of a swap for some other snakes and they knew nothing about her parents or any details at all really. All i know is that she's about 18 months old, is around 4' long, and is the soppiest snake i've ever come across. Except when there's the vaguest hint of a scent of food, and then she's the most aggressive predator of all of my 20 snakes. You can't even walk past her viv at that time without her striking the glass. Lol.

I'll get some more pictures of her later anyway, and maybe someone can shed some light on her background.

Comment

Those are really nice boas, I happen to like Penelope, she's pretty!

Comment

first off welcome to the site

second awesome collection man i love that suri and the ghost and those RS's wow thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by tattoodfreak View Post
                  Haha. Well I've only got the 6 piercings and I've had about 100 hours tattoo work, so the tattood bit seems fair to me!!!

Again though, thanks. They're all pretty lovely animals. And don't i know it about the reverse stripes. I'm so hoping we get at least SOME babies that are like the parents. Roll on April...!!!
                  Well THERE U GO!!! If you would of done your FIRST Post with your shirt off...ok this is NOT sounding right so far

You should post some of your ink on the RTB Ink section brother!
                  Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Great look'n bunch of Boas !!

Ilike those reverse stripe projects

and Penelope looks great !

Lar M
                    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

For those who wanted to see more pics of Edna, here are a few pics. Tried to get some new ones this evening, but as the light in my living room is awful, they came out really badly, so for now, here are some old pics.

Comment

welcome! you wont find a finer reptile family any where!Nice collection of boas and piercings....(i would know) It's been my profession for a decade!!! Are you aware that there is legislation trying to restrict your rights as a keeper?

Comment

Nice collection.

Comment

man i am in love with edna its almost like hes an arabesque but doesnt have the head or tail patterns....either way, thats a gorgeous boa they are all beautiful though, and nice ink too i need to get some more tatts LOL

Comment

Originally posted by joshua.britto View Post
                              welcome! you wont find a finer reptile family any where!Nice collection of boas and piercings....(i would know) It's been my profession for a decade!!! Are you aware that there is legislation trying to restrict your rights as a keeper?
                              Thanks dude. I'm certainly enjoying this place.

And yeah, i'm fully aware of the legislation. I live in the UK though, so annoyingly there's not a lot that i can do other than sit and watch and hope the bill doesn't go through. And trust me, it's worrying. Not helped also by the fact, that my ghost boy that i'm waiting on, is currently in the US, and isn't coming over until the end of March.

Originally posted by shogun678 View Post
                              Nice collection.
                              Originally posted by satyra View Post
                              man i am in love with edna its almost like hes an arabesque but doesnt have the head or tail patterns....either way, thats a gorgeous boa they are all beautiful though, and nice ink too i need to get some more tatts LOL
                              He? Heeeee? Edna is a lady!!! Lol. As i've said before, i'm clueless as to details of her origins. i'd love for someone to be able to just say "Ahh, she's a [insert origin here]". Either way, she's a lovely boa in both looks and temperament, and i'm looking forward to seeing what we get from her in a couple of years when i can put her with a nice male of some sort.

Comment

Working...
                              X