feeding Cookie Dough *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding Cookie Dough *DUW*

I fed Cookie Dough for the first time since Ive had her and also fed My female BP who went on another one of her "picky" stages and decided to only eat black or dark grey rats again. Does anybody else have any animals that are picky on color?
    Cookie Dough

Taylor

Re: feeding Cookie Dough *DUW*

Might just be me but that rat looks rather large for that BP! Nice collection!

Comment

Originally posted by JLTerry View Post
      Might just be me but that rat looks rather large for that BP! Nice collection!
      I think its just the way the rat is laying. She got it down without a problem and its her usual sized prey item.

Comment

Ball pythons can be picky color-wise i had one that would only eat dark ones too. Just par for that course!

Comment

Originally posted by vrgl1976 View Post
          Ball pythons can be picky color-wise i had one that would only eat dark ones too. Just par for that course!
          Shes not always picky but when she refuses to eat 3-4 times then I will offer black or dark grey and shes back on track. Last time I had to feed her 2-3 times like that then she would accept any color again.

Comment

Yes I've had my Boas be picky about color, they won't eat black, or multi colored

My guess is your BP ate that color for same reason Boas won't eat it

A little higher fat content I believe

I think they can smell it, that's my guess

Lar M
            Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
              Yes I've had my Boas be picky about color, they won't eat black, or multi colored

My guess is your BP ate that color for same reason Boas won't eat it

A little higher fat content I believe

I think they can smell it, that's my guess
              Different colors have different levels of fat?

Like this..
              YouTube - Six Levels of Fatness according to Gabriel Iglesias

Comment

cool pics!

Comment

Im going to post the entire collection some day.

Comment

bro I am literally hurting right now from watching that Gabriel Iglesias video... do rodents have different levels of fat according to their coloration? I only feed white rats/mice to my snakes about 95% of the time.

Nice looking snakes my bro thanks for sharing those pics with us

Comment

HAHAHA, Carlos Eglacious(SP)... He is SOOOOO funny... I have a few of his stand-ups....

Also to add, My buddy has had a prob feeding colored rats to his BP as well.

Very cool Pics... I love watching my guys eat.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        bro I am literally hurting right now from watching that Gabriel Iglesias video... do rodents have different levels of fat according to their coloration? I only feed white rats/mice to my snakes about 95% of the time.

Nice looking snakes my bro thanks for sharing those pics with us
                        My VERY first snake was a BP i name Konvict..that guy would eat WHATEVER I offered...white, black, grey, brown, multi-colored...heck probably even a purple or green rat! lol He wasnt picky at all.

None of my others have any problems with colors...yet...except her but she will 99% of the time take a black rat when nothing else works for her.

Comment

omg dude i love that guy lol

and i have not experienced the colors having an affect or maybe i just haven't noticed

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
                            omg dude i love that guy lol

and i have not experienced the colors having an affect or maybe i just haven't noticed
                            Yeah, hes hilarious! You should see his thing about jokes to play on a cop when your getting pulled over for drunk driving and the one about the racial gift basket! lol

Comment

That's a BP for you....picky, picky, picky. My buddy's seems to do that on a regular basis. Nice snakes tho man.

Oh and I heard from someone that one reason a snake can be picky about color is that it has been bitten by that particular colored rat from a live feeding. Is this true??

Comment

Working...
                              X