my lil C. Rainbow boa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my lil C. Rainbow boa

Got bored, took a few pics of CRB to share.
    Attached Files

Re: my lil C. Rainbow boa

Nice size on that guy! I have always wanted a Rainbow Boa. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

He's pretty big, how old is he??

Comment

nice i always like brazilian rainbows

Comment

Originally posted by cwaybrown View Post
          He's pretty big, how old is he??
          Im not exactly sure how old, maybe 1....maybe 2 years old at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
            nice i always like brazilian rainbows
            Columbian.

Comment

Originally posted by SWOMPDONKEY View Post
              Im not exactly sure how old, maybe 1....maybe 2 years old at the most.
              Really? That seems pretty big for a rainbow at that age, at least what i'm used to seeing, I could be wrong. Are Columbians larger than the Brazilians?? That's what I'm used to seeing.

Comment

looks nice. I like the color.

how is it to own one of these?

Comment

beautiful!! hows his temperament?

Comment

What a beauty! Congrats.

And I'd guess three years old at the least.

Originally posted by satyra View Post
                    beautiful!! hows his temperament?
                    Most Rainbows have very similar temperments: very gentle and docile if handled frequently and given lots of love. Ginger (the PRB I had many years back) was a bit nippy as a youngster, but with handling and care she turned into an angel quick enough. Samson (my current BRB) is an absolute dream. He's easy going, docile, gentle... a really great handling snake. And according to his breeder he's been this way since birth.

Rainbows get a bit of a bad rep (IMO) because they can be a bit nervous and nippy in the first few months after birth, but in all fairness this is not always the case... and as with any snake good care and lots of love are keys to calming them. Rainbows are great snakes. They are very active when being handled, very inquisitive, and very gentle. I say if you have the means you should get one. ...Besides, they are stunning animals out in the light!

Comment

Im pretty sure they average about the same size CRB & BRB.(6ft max.) She may just look big to you but she around 3+ft. She is easy to handle, active when out, and still being kind of a baby a little fidgety when touched by her head. She was pretty small when I got her about 1yr ago and has never turned down a meal. Definately not shy eating either.

Comment

Originally posted by SWOMPDONKEY View Post
                        She is easy to handle, active when out, and still being kind of a baby a little fidgety when touched by her head.
                        She may never get over being head shy - some snakes never do. My Bella (my BCI Normal) is still nervous about being touched on her head. She's as gentle as can be, but can be pretty head shy.

Comment

Nice Rainbow!
                          "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                            She may never get over being head shy - some snakes never do. My Bella (my BCI Normal) is still nervous about being touched on her head. She's as gentle as can be, but can be pretty head shy.
                            I think she will get over it, my big girl got use to it a long time ago. Now I think she might even like her head rubbed/petted.

Comment

mine have great temperaments, we have had them since they were 2-3 weeks of age, but mine arent colombians. i was asking about yours cause the colombians have a bad rep for being bitey

Comment

Working...
                              X