• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what am eye

can anyone tell me what this is am asking in behalf of a friend

she was told its either a orange pastel or a salmon hypo

Re: wht am i

It looks Pastel to me. Look at the black rings around the red tail pattern plus the diamonds on the side are darker. . Nice looking snake. I have made a edit three times on this post. I'm not sure but I still say pastel.

Comment

Re: what am eye

it looks like a hypo i dont think its a salmon though

very nice looking boa though

Comment

Originally posted by follow View Post
        Pastel. Look at the black rings around the red tail pattern plus the diamonds on the side are darker. I hypo would hav eno black arounf the red tail or very little. Nice looking snake.
        my male hypo has no black rings but my female salmon has slight black rings on the tail

Comment

It's a nice pastel with insane orange. This is a long shot but it could a maroon boa. They look very similar but then it would have to be proved out. So until then, just a pastel.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
            my male hypo has no black rings but my female salmon has slight black rings on the tail
            My hypo's only have a few black rings, not all of them and some of the rings are incomplete.

Comment

To me appears to be one of those great Pastels that almost look like a Hypo
              because the black tail borders limited.

It's a really Kool pastel and as steve points it might be something that's genetic

To me it doesn't quite fit into the Marron het (non super form) scenario

but I've seen some extreme Pastels around

That I believe may prove Genetic in some way as this might

Lar M
              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a really nice pastel to me, doesn't look like a hypo but a nice enough pastel to come close. Nice boa and great color on it.

Comment

it almost looks like an inferno pastel hes beautiful, but not a hypo

Comment

thanks for all the replay's so deffo a pastel and a nice one at that lol

Comment

Its a sweet looking boa for sure. Aren't hypos and salmons the same??

Comment

Originally posted by THESURFER View Post
                        Its a sweet looking boa for sure. Aren't hypos and salmons the same??
                        They are the same genetically but Salmons are a specific Bloodline
                        developed by Rich Ihle @ Salmonboa

So all Salmons are Hypo's but not all Hypo's are Salmons

Another specific Hypo Bloodline would be the Orangetail Hypo Bloodline

That would be a Hypo Boa traceable by blood back to the first Hypo Boa
                        brought into the country from Panama by Dr. David Hardy

Lar M
                        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

That is certainly not a hypo or a salmon, but it certainly IS an OUTSTANDING pastel! Where did your friend get it, and for how much? Because I WANT ONE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed - not a hypo. One tell tale sign of hypos are the black rings around the red tail markings. In Hypos they are missing on the first few, and the first one to have a black ring usually only has a partial - and usaully around the posterior half of the marking.

It's going to be near impossible to say what morph you have without knowing it's lineage. Guesses can be made, but that's all they will be.

All the same - That is a nice boa! Congrats.

Comment

Don't know what it is but it sure is nice looking.

Comment

Working...
                              X