Niobe is no longer ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niobe is no longer ...

Now I know that sounds like my boa died but she didn't. I simply found out Niobe is not a girl! I guess you guys all know what that's like! So now I gotta find him a new name!

And I bought him a new home. Much bigger. I'll show you.

Re: Niobe is no longer ...

Well he is looking very good! Nice new tank too!

Comment

he is looking awesome, wow look at the condo!

Comment

well I ve got to say thats a gorgous tank AND a beautiful or shall I say handsome boa and may I suggest a name for him, Since you named her niobe how about for the new BOY, NIO, or NEO like in the Matrix. just a thought.

Comment

that is a nice tank, and a good looking snake. I have the same hide :P

where do you guys find all these cool tree with bright color plants and such? walmart has almost nothing when I check.

I want to really eye candy out my corn snakes cage but hardly find anything that is good looking.

Comment

Originally posted by ron petri View Post
            well I ve got to say thats a gorgous tank AND a beautiful or shall I say handsome boa and may I suggest a name for him, Since you named her niobe how about for the new BOY, NIO, or NEO like in the Matrix. just a thought.
            I thought of Neo but it's kinda boring.

I also thought of Morpheous but all I can see in my mind is Lawrence Fishburne and his big brown bald head.

any other ideas ?

Nixx

Comment

really awesome setup,it looks really good,even though its not what you thought it was,its still an amazing snake.............Mike

Comment

You could name him after Niobe (Νιόβη) Brother. she was a daughter of Tantalus and the sister of Pelops,

In Greek mythology, Pelops (Greek Πέλοψ, from pelios: dark; and ops: face, eye),

But I also like the name Perseus,

Click anything Red

Lar M
                Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

ROFL, I was avoiding this thread cause I didn't want to get bummed out. Glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy.

As far as names go...since you thought it was one gender but turned out to be another how bout naming him after the androgynous Saturday Night Live character Pat?

Mat.

Comment

That sucks... I know how it feels since I had a big "female" poss. dh snow boa turn out being a male. It was a monster too.... I so wish it was a female since it had the het albino marker too lol.

Steve

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

That sucks that must have ruined your plans? That a nice glass cage...never seen one like that before. Where do you get those big black hides?

Comment

Originally posted by SWOMPDONKEY View Post
                          That sucks that must have ruined your plans? That a nice glass cage...never seen one like that before. Where do you get those big black hides?
                          Here is one place to order 'em.

ABS Plastic Hide Boxes

Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                            You could name him after Niobe (Νιόβη) Brother. she was a daughter of Tantalus and the sister of Pelops,

In Greek mythology, Pelops (Greek Πέλοψ, from pelios: dark; and ops: face, eye),

But I also like the name Perseus,

Click anything Red
                            why would I name a male snake Niobe ? When I thought she was a girl that's what I used. I now feel I need to switch it. And thanks but I'm up to date on my greek mythology.

I'm thinking of using something from Harry Potter or perhaps LOTR's

Nixx

Comment

Originally posted by SWOMPDONKEY View Post
                              That's a nice glass cage...never seen one like that before.
                              I think it's a new brand because I have never heard of them or seen them before.

Japanese brand called Atasuki. They seem to be really well thought out and put together. The top is in 2 pieces and has 4 slide locks in all 4 corners and the front glass panels slide both ways.

Nixx

Comment

Working...
                              X