Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need your help if you had to pick which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help if you had to pick which one?

Alli right guys I may be asking alot but I need your help I want to purchase another boa but i want your guys opinion on which you guys would choose... I know its what I like but i want to know in your guys opinion.. Thanks for looking and help

Jungle x NIC Cross does this look like a jungle at all????

Salmon Boa

BRB im nervous about this snake because i know they can be nippy

Another salmon it is different

Re: I need your help if you had to pick which one?

The brazilian rainbow boa is an awesome looking snake. I will have one soon. I would go with the brb if it were me.

Comment

it does look jungle just not a lot, there's 3 or 4 spots to me that look jungleish. I like salmons, and the #2 (4the pic) one looks to be better. I don't like speckles in hypo too much though.

brb looks nice, but never had one. it would add some flare in to any collection from what I've heard about them so I'd choose the last salmon or that one.

Comment

you say your nervous on the brb than don t choose that one, I would go with the nic jungle that is gorgeous. there are cleaner salmons out there, and cheap lately. but that nic is pretty and clean I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by bterrill View Post
          it does look jungle just not a lot, there's 3 or 4 spots to me that look jungleish. I like salmons, and the #2 (4the pic) one looks to be better. I don't like speckles in hypo too much though.

brb looks nice, but never had one. it would add some flare in to any collection from what I've heard about them so I'd choose the last salmon or that one.
          Do more freckles mean less of any morph

Comment

Originally posted by bterrill View Post
            I don't like speckles in hypo too much though.
            agreed...

i'm also not a fan of crosses.

i'd go with the BRB. i've got one, and she can be nippy, but if i handle her properly, i have no problems. i just love her!

that BRB has some NICE color to her, too. i'd get her if i were you.

Comment

no the speckles aren't less of a morph to my knowledge its just preferance. I think most snakes have them but some have much less. both of those are all hypo and very nice I would just pick the 2nd one. I don't have a hypo and really want one or I'd probably take the brb.

I don't know I might take the BRB anyway.

Comment

brbs are very pretty but i like that jungle or the 2nd salmon

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
                  brbs are very pretty but i like that jungle or the 2nd salmon
                  Yea i think its deffiantly between the jungle and brb but the brb does need alot more care i have a rack but im nervous about the humidity

Comment

Originally posted by tsshields View Post
                    Yea i think its deffiantly between the jungle and brb but the brb does need alot more care i have a rack but im nervous about the humidity
                    it's not hard to maintain in a rack. as babies, they need 90%+, but as they mature, they only need 70+

i've had no issues with mine

Comment

Originally posted by dangles View Post
                      it's not hard to maintain in a rack. as babies, they need 90%+, but as they mature, they only need 70+

i've had no issues with mine
                      WOW 90% how do you maintain that the substrate??? Wow 90% i never knew that im glad im asking now

Comment

Originally posted by dangles View Post
                        agreed...

i'm also not a fan of crosses.

i'd go with the BRB. i've got one, and she can be nippy, but if i handle her properly, i have no problems. i just love her!

that BRB has some NICE color to her, too. i'd get her if i were you.
                        I understand what you mean Chris although

You do understand that any Boa that Has Hypo or Salmon Blood is to extent a cross ?

It just at this point they've been interbreed with Colombian type Boa so much for so long ,they are relatively mostly Colombian

Plus we know the Orangetails came from Panama and most of our present Colombian Boas come from N.Col. which is basically Panama

Map of where first Orangetail came from,

I just like any chance to use a Map

Lar M
                        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

id go with the brb keep a youngun' in a plastic tub, they can be kept at cooler temps, and you can use diff substrates to keep up the humidity. i use the coco-husk that comes in a brick, and you soak it in water to break it up and make it soft and moist. that stuff never molds on me, ever....and i dont even have to turn it every day like you do with the peat moss stuff or the cypress. thats one way, another way is to add humidity hides, just little plastic containers with a little hole cut out so the snake can get in, then fill the little tubs with moss or some other kind of humidity-holding substrate.

as far as nippy-ness, they do calm down with age and some gentle handling. only one of mine has ever tried to nip me and it was my fault cause i just reached in one day without really warning him and he nipped my finger lol. he was so tiny though that i didnt even really feel it, and it didnt bleed. they do eat like there's no tomorrow too

Comment

larry you are so wise thanks for that

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali

I understand what you mean Chris although

You do understand that any Boa that Has Hypo or Salmon Blood is to extent a cross ?
                              ]
                              Yes yes, Larry. Don't remind me

I'm dying to get my hands on one of jeffe's pure columbian hypos... Someday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X