Nothing much, just a normal.. ~PEACHES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing much, just a normal.. ~PEACHES

Got her about 2 weeks ago, she's a 2010 baby.
    I'm planning to breed her someday, to see if she's got something up her sleeve, err, scales, or which ever applies to that notion. Lol.
    BCI morphs are pretty expensive here in our country, (the government tags a pretty hefty amount when importers get these critters in, so a $200 Albino would sell for about $630 when they're in our local pet trade, OUCH!) so this is what I can get myself for now. I have to save up some money so I can get her a decent partner someday. So what do you think guys? Would it be a nice Hypo or an Albino? Which do you think would be a nice complement to my little PEACHES right here?

Here she is: (post-shed)

Thanks for looking!

Re: Nothing much, just a normal.. ~PEACHES

That's a very beautiful colorful boa. I would find another colorful boa to go with her, possibly a hypo to bring out all that pink. I think the pink will turn to red as she matures and make for one really nice looking adult boa. Thanks for sharing, I always love a good normal like her!
    sigpic

Comment

She is beautiful. Really, it depends on what you want to do eventually. I hypo pairing will be noticeable, while an albino breeding won't be. However, if you do an albino breeding, you will get 100% het for albino, which in turn could be bred to a hypo het albino for sunglows (and other breeding projects). So, it just depends on what you want to do, really. Good luck.

Star

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

very nice boa

Comment

She is very beautiful and I agree with what Star said.

<Nate is that sig a dig on you-know-who? ROFL>
          http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by natieb View Post
            That's a very beautiful colorful boa. I would find another colorful boa to go with her, possibly a hypo to bring out all that pink. I think the pink will turn to red as she matures and make for one really nice looking adult boa. Thanks for sharing, I always love a good normal like her!
            thanks for your comment sir.
            i was kinda wondering about that too, my idea was that the pinks on hypos would be the best complement for her pretty colors.
            i do hope those "blushings" on her would color up a bit more as she grows.

Comment

Originally posted by weird_science04 View Post
              She is beautiful. Really, it depends on what you want to do eventually. I hypo pairing will be noticeable, while an albino breeding won't be. However, if you do an albino breeding, you will get 100% het for albino, which in turn could be bred to a hypo het albino for sunglows (and other breeding projects). So, it just depends on what you want to do, really. Good luck.

Star
              thanks for those inputs, it really helps when experienced keepers like you guys help out newbs like me. so this would mean an albino would be for a more long term breeding purpose, then the hypo for instant color?
              err, i hope i got that right..

Comment

Originally posted by Markos View Post
                very nice boa
                thanks!

Originally posted by zamora View Post
                She is very beautiful and I agree with what Star said.

<Nate is that sig a dig on you-know-who? ROFL>
                Lol.. thanks to you too!

Comment

Originally posted by chicobouy View Post
                  Got her about 2 weeks ago, she's a 2010 baby.
                  I'm planning to breed her someday, to see if she's got something up her sleeve, err, scales, or which ever applies to that notion. Lol.
                  BCI morphs are pretty expensive here in our country, (the government tags a pretty hefty amount when importers get these critters in, so a $200 Albino would sell for about $630 when they're in our local pet trade, OUCH!) so this is what I can get myself for now. I have to save up some money so I can get her a decent partner someday. So what do you think guys? Would it be a nice Hypo or an Albino? Which do you think would be a nice complement to my little PEACHES right here?

Here she is: (post-shed)

Thanks for looking!
                  She looks great

Comment

That is an exceptional normal! I would absolutly get a hypo for her! With those pinks, you could make some awesome hypo babies!

-Sean in NoCal
                    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
                    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

beautiful norm! i if you like both hypo and arabesque morphs i would get a nice hypo arabesque then you would get the best of both worlds LOL

Comment

She is very beautiful. I am with everyone else so far on the Hypo pairing, but what about a really nice Pastel (Pastel Dream or Inferno)? I think she would do great with one of those lines also.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Originally posted by tsblair View Post
                          She is very beautiful. I am with everyone else so far on the Hypo pairing, but what about a really nice Pastel (Pastel Dream or Inferno)? I think she would do great with one of those lines also.
                          I thought of that before I considered getting her a Hypo boyfriend (specially getting a Summit or an Inferno Pastel), but Albinos, Hypos, & Sunglows are the only morphs that reached our local market. Actually, it's just this month that Sunglows were advertised in our local pet market. (I think "bigtime" collectors here get other beautiful morphs though.)

Thanks for your help sir.

Comment

Originally posted by satyra View Post
                            beautiful norm! i if you like both hypo and arabesque morphs i would get a nice hypo arabesque then you would get the best of both worlds LOL
                            Lol, thanks madame.

Comment

thats a very pretty normal.... i like the coloration of the boa nice oranges and pinks or at least thats what the pics show lol

Comment

Working...
                              X