X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress pics of my girl Lucy

She is around 2yrs old now feeding on Large f/t rats

Re: Progress pics of my girl Lucy

She is very pretty, you are a lucky boa Daddy! Thanks for the pictures!
    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Ty so much, I have a few questions about the rtb species if you can help me out

Comment

Originally posted by Mrboaman View Post
        I have a few questions about the rtb species if you can help me out
        What would you like to know? I'm sure the good folks on here would be willing to chime in. I'll assist to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by bcasilio View Post
          What would you like to know? I'm sure the good folks on here would be willing to chime in. I'll assist to the best of my knowledge.
          I hear red tail have a strong feeding
          1) my albino bci won't even strike at her rat, I would have to leave it in her feeding tub and cover it.. She will finally eat it when I leave the room.
          2), I hear people w their boas after they eat they're still in feeding mode when they try to take them out.. They strike or shows still feeding mode.. My boa shows no feeding mode at all doesn't even try to strike at me.
          3) everytime I go n take her she never shows signs of strike and is always waiting to come out.. Never strikes the glass when I walk by.
          4) I learn w my boa after 24hrs after feeding she is perfectly fine to come out and be handled never regurgitated her prey.
          Is this normal w her no sign of feeding mode no striking at prey or me. Waits in front of glass to come out.. Her temps n humidity is on point.. Could it be I handle her a lot that she shows no sign of striking or aggression and she knows me by scent??

Comment

1. Some boas have strong feeding responses, some don't. I have some that won't eat while I'm present and others that don't care. Learn your snake and do what is comfortable for him/her.
            2.Some boas stay in feeding mode for hours/days, some don't. The best way to ensure you don't get bitten around feeding time is don't take the chance. Feed the snake and leave it alone. I personally leave them alone for 3 days before messing with them. I have dealt with regurges and trust me, it is NOT worth taking a chance for.
            3.Good for you, you have a calm snake!
            4.As stated above, I would give him/her more time to digest before handling, don't risk the life of your snake.

If you have any more questions, just ask away!
            http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
            X