A holdback... And some others..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A holdback... And some others..

This girl looks like she took a bath in some paint and this is why I'm keeping her around. And a few others

He doesnt like going back to his small old home when I clean out his cage!

This girl is one of my favorites. She'll hopefully give me some nice super jungles in the future.

Hypo

Sunglow

And this boy is back to 100% and healthy as an ox!

Hope you enjoy!

Re: A holdback... And some others..

Nice Boas ... However, I happen to think that your "Sunglow" , is really a nice looking Albino, and not a Sunglow. The tail rings look Albino, and the saddles don't look like Hypo saddles so much. All-n-all, good stuff.

Comment

Really? Ill have to find pictures of the albino and sunglow from birth. Polar opposites.

These were both taken the day of birth.

Really think shes just an albino?

Comment

Awesome to see those time-lapse photos! Really shows how they change in color as they age

Comment

Love your jungle girl. Very nice, all of them!

Comment

Maybe Its my computer then . But the last pic (still with ambilical) looks like a Sunglow ,but its obviously a different Boa (different saddles )

Comment

I'm sorry maybe it's just me and my intention is not to be argumentative but rather objective. Could you explain to me why you think the one with the umbillical cord is a sunglow?

I posted that picture as she is an Albino and compared her to the Sunglow. The one with the umbillical cord pictured has way thicker saddles and 80% less color. I understand an albino could out-color a Sunglow but look at these two pictures below. I just snapped those. I would like to know why you think the Sunglow is an Albino and vise versa.

This is the one I think is an Albino but you stated you think is a Sunglow.

This is the one I think is a Sunglow but you think is an Albino.

Again, I'm not trying to call you out [MENTION=9045]Morgans Boas[/MENTION] but rather understand why you think this. Anybody else, feel free to chime in with your thoughts on these 2. I would like to better my knowledge of this.

Comment

The one I think is an Albino has peaks in her saddles and had almost an identical pattern to her brother Normal. The one I think is a Sunglow has a more "X" pattern on her saddles and resembles her brother Hypo in pattern.

Comment

I don't feel called out . Discussion is a good thing .

The more faded one , to me, looks like a Sunglow because --
                  - its eyes are nearly solid. I've seen many Hypos with this look, but never on a regular. Its saddles are also very "Hypo" looking. The faded appearance, and white rings around the tail saddles aren't necessarily a Hypo trait - But I've seen very faded Sunglows before. If I were to guess what this Boa was , without being told anything, I would have guessed that it was a Sharp strain Sunglow , possibly het Anery (because of its faded look) - you didn't mention anything about it possibly being het Anery though , or being a Sharp strain .

The more colored one looks like a straight up colorful Albino to me , mostly because of the look of the saddles. Hypo Saddles are softer looking in themselves. Yours seems to have detail in the actual saddles. They just don't look Hypo to me. If I were to guess what this Boa was , without being told anything, I would have guessed that it was a Sharp strain Albino, because of its deeper colored tail saddles. You did not mention anything about which strain they are though.

Take care . Again nice Boas. I do not claim to be correct . It's just my opinion, based on your pics . Those last two pics convince me even more.

Comment

Beautiful boas
                    sigpicJrock23

Comment

They are all beautiful, especially your 'painted' one! Thanks for sharing.
                      http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
                      X