sneak peek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sneak peek

Well I was cleaning my new Female Suriname's cage and decided I'd snap a picture of her in her holding tub.I really didn't want to take a picture since I don't have a camera right now, but that tail haha.The camera on my ipod doesn't pick up her color at all she's a deep orange red, with a brick red head.She's also the most shy boa I've ever owned, she does the ball python head tuck to protect herself.I try not to bother her to often because of that.They'll be more pictures when she's settled and I have a camera again.

Re: sneak peek

Originally posted by jere000 View Post
    new Female Suriname's cage
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is not suriname tail Beautiful snake but the tail patterning and the saddles do no properly represent a BCC. You have a good looking BCI though! that tail reminds me of a monstertail or a good looking motley though! That Bone shape is very popular in the motley morph.

Comment

Originally posted by taxcollector View Post
      I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is not suriname tail Beautiful snake but the tail patterning and the saddles do no properly represent a BCC. You have a good looking BCI though! that tail reminds me of a monstertail or a good looking motley though! That Bone shape is very popular in the motley morph.
      Definitely Suriname purchased directly from Mike Eckert, she's got a reall nice ladder tail though thanks for the concern.Surinames can have stripes, ladder tails and abberrancies, but not many people work with lines like that.Figure I'll throw one of my male in as well.Can't wait to see what they produce.

also a better picture of her.

Comment

Also for the curious folks, this line of Suriname started years ago and in 2003 Eckert himself acquired what im going to call the original boas as babies from John Wadell.Although other people acquired animals from John from kingsnake and the National breeders expo he believes he is only person currently work with this line still.He said "a couple adults are more red than a Super Marron is as an adult but were normal colored when born.Like other BCC, these gain color over a longer period than BCI.They also hold their color much longer, so it should be interesting to see what comes from this bloodline.Her parents have fully reverse striped tails.

Comment

I'm disappointed that you didn't call this thread "Snake Peak" :P. Anyway, the patterning on your male is really neat!

Comment

Really beautiful! Can't wait to see some more pictures of her once she's settled in. I have a couple boa's that are extremely shy and tend to curl up when I'm trying to take pictures of them. Meanwhile my ball python is perfectly chill every time I take her out, lol.
            “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
            www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

I love that tail and very cool looking patterns on these snakes.
              sigpicJrock23

Comment

Thanks everyone, and sorry I'm not to creative with the titles haha.If you don't have a Bcc of some sort in your collection, or if you do.I recommend you get some, maybe from me sometime next year haha.They're incredibly strong and a absolute pleasure to own.

Comment

Nice looking babies you have there, it will be interesting to see what they produce.
                  http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
                    it will be interesting to see what they produce.
                    I would like to see as well...

Comment

Originally posted by jere000 View Post
                      Definitely Suriname purchased directly from Mike Eckert, she's got a reall nice ladder tail though thanks for the concern
                      sorry haha, I have to admit, that first picture did not give me much to go off of she is a stunner for sure though!

Comment

No problem I'm glad you asked gave me an excuse to put up some background info haha.I want to see what comes from this pairing as well, i'm thinking there's going to be a lot of hold backs haha

Comment

Working...
                        X