Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvey :)

Here's my rtb; Harvey,

What fascinates me is feeling the muscle in his body while he crawls through my hands or around my shoulders. Even when he just grips my finger with his tail for security when climbing about.
    Also the look of their bodies like in the first picture. I never noticed a snakes charisma before, they are very beautiful and I am starting to really enjoy the different colors and patterns as I look at other
    rtb member pictures. Pretty awesome, I am really found Harvey. It's opened my eyes to a whole new world so to speak, one that I never saw myself being apart of in a million years lol.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my rtb. He means the world to me already and fit right into my life.

-Zach
    Attached Files

Re: Harvey

Nice looking boa and good pics! Just be prepared, they are very addictive.. I started with my first last year and now have 3. You might want to ditch the log hut and get a darker hide for him. I use the plastic hides from reptile basics. A "medium" would be good for your little guy.. They are easy to wash and pretty cheap. People also make them out of dark rubbermaid containers, cat litter boxes, even an old box with the bottom cut out and a hole cut in the side will work.

Good luck with your little guy!

Comment

Yes, welcome to the 'addiction' of snakes. Like you I never expected to like snakes, but that was many years and many snakes ago, ha ha! They do have personality and they are a low-key pet that's easy to live with.
      I'd keep the log-hide in there for cage 'furniture' but as artgecko suggested, add some 'real' hides (one on the warm side & one on the cool side of the cage) that offer a more snug & secure feeling for the snake; Reptile
      Basics makes excellent ones at a reasonable price. You'll need to size up as your snake grows so if money is an issue, you could either order several sizes now for him to grow into...or use temporary disposable hides for
      a while. (trimmed cardboard boxes work fine & other things can as well...you are limited only by what is safe) He would also appreciate sturdy branches to climb on. Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by ZachmOKC View Post
        What fascinates me is feeling the muscle in his body while he crawls through my hands or around my shoulders.
        Just wait until he gets big. My 7 foot female gives great shoulder massages!

-Sean in NoCal
        “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
        -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Such a cute lil guy! Snakes make wonderful pets. My ball pythons were the best pets I have had. Clean, quite, hardly any odor (hardly because some poops were kinda nasty..), only ate once a week. Easy.

I wish you both well. They really do become part of the family.

Comment

And here I was expecting pictures of a giant rabbit...?

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
              And here I was expecting pictures of a giant rabbit...?
              All right, that wasn't bad...

Welcome to your new obsession. They really are amazing animals.

Comment

I can agree with Noelle
                The first thing I thought of when I read the title was the play. There's an excellent video version, but it is very old and in bw. Very funny stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandorasdad View Post
                  Just wait until he gets big. My 7 foot female gives great shoulder massages!
                  No kidding, it's one of my favorite things!

Welcome to RTB and the addiction that is boas. You may think we are kidding but we are not.
                  http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by artgecko View Post
                    You might want to ditch the log hut and get a darker hide for him. I use the plastic hides from reptile basics. A "medium" would be good for your little guy.. They are easy to wash and pretty cheap.
                    Ordered and on it's way! Thanks for the recommendation!

-Zach

Comment

Working...
                    X