Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience paid off!

Hey guys,

You probably have grown tired of me posting about Harvey lol, but my girlfriend and I were pretty happy about the events last night. I am a GNC store manager and I had a company meeting late last night, before I left
    I noticed Harvey "yawning". He had already gone through shed and we had been attempting to feed Harvey for about 2 and a half weeks since we got him. After the second week we were a little nervous that we were doing
    something wrong. Since I bought Harvey I have been a member here and I have been pouring over the info reading as much as possible. We got his temps perfect, humidity levels perfect and we let him settle in without handling
    him for the last couple days.... and ... BOOM,

T
    his was a very happy moment for us

-Zach

Re: Patience paid off!

Always feels good when they eat like they're supposed to!

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

That's excellent. Usually if you can get them to eat once, you won't have any problems in the future. Boas are easier than a lot of snake species in that regard.
      sigpic

Comment

If you did anything 'wrong' it was trying too hard to feed him, & too soon (after acquiring him). Congrats! (next time, let the snake settle in FIRST for a week or two before offering food, and with no handling)

In anticipation of the "next thing to worry about", the answer is "no, do not give prune juice to a boa..." LOL!

Comment

How long d I give him before I handle him or let him perch up on my shoulder again lol!

Comment

Originally posted by ZachmOKC View Post
            How long d I give him before I handle him or let him perch up on my shoulder again lol!
            It would be good to allow 2-3 days for him to digest before you handle again. See, that's why most of us end up with so many snakes....that way there's always one that's ready to cuddle, hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
              It would be good to allow 2-3 days for him to digest before you handle again. See, that's why most of us end up with so many snakes....that way there's always one that's ready to cuddle, hahaha!

Hahahah I am definitely in the market for another one. I am getting a boaphile enclosure soon and I am checking out different morphs. I'm hooked, I won't lie. Plus I am a super careful owner. I put any animals care as my first priority and I always have. I come from a country style family and I've been raised around different breeders and animals my entire life. I wanted to be different and rtb's have allowed me to find a new passion. Harvey has opened my eyes to a whole new world.

-Zach

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the site. Great people here.

Comment

I remember the days...way back when I had my first one...ah, happy memories of worrying over every little thing, and I mean EVERY little thing. Relax, you are in good company here and there is always someone to help.

If you haven't already, find a good exotic/snake vet and maybe introduce yourself so you won't have to 'shop' for vet help if the need (hopefully never) arises.
                  http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
                    I remember the days...way back when I had my first one...ah, happy memories of worrying over every little thing, and I mean EVERY little thing. Relax, you are in good company here and there is always someone to help.

If you haven't already, find a good exotic/snake vet and maybe introduce yourself so you won't have to 'shop' for vet help if the need (hopefully never) arises.
                    Yeah, everything has to be just right lol. I'm starting to relax a bit haha

-Zach

Comment

Originally posted by ZachmOKC View Post
                      I forgot to mention that if you time it "just right", he may LEAVE something on your shoulder too...ROFL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
                        I forgot to mention that if you time it "just right", he may LEAVE something on your shoulder too...ROFL!!!
                        Harvey's definitely a giver lol. I'm sure one of these days I'll get a "present" from him lol

Comment

Working...
                        X