Everyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone....

is posting so many pictures of their new babies. So here is an update of pepper, a hypo jungle female I obtained from Zamora a few weeks ago. She is my first boa. She is doing wonderful! Eating like a champ and getting used to handling. WARNING! Crappy cell pics ahead. I never knew how right you guys were, she has A LOT of pink on her sides, why don't cameras catch that?

Guess ill be buying a nice digital camera in the next month.

She is missing a saddle. Cute!

I LOVE when she curls up like this.

She is not camera shy! But it always gets blurry this close

First decent tongue shot. Man is that hard to get!

By the way @zamora, she loves the coco husk. I always have to dig her out. I give her a couple of inches in the back of the enclosure to burrow in. Overall, having a boa is a blast. They are very inquisitive creatures, not to mention beautiful. People look at me and ask why she is so pink. Of course the photos don't show it. Ill get a better camera soon. Recommendations?
    Attached Files

Re: Everyone....

She's a cutie...looks like she's doing very well. I had the same problem with my boa...the pink just didn't come through.

Comment

She looks like she's having so much fun with you! I love those goofy bug-eyed close-ups that snakes do! Why can't most people SEE how cute snakes are??? (sigh!)

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth94 View Post
        Ill get a better camera soon. Recommendations?
        I'm not going to address this as I'm no way a photographer. Maybe [MENTION=5990]BigPaPaErnest[/MENTION] could recommend some? I think you may find some suggestions looking through some old threads in the photography section.

I'm glad she is settled in with you and seems to 'be happy' in her new home. You now have an idea what the breeders have to go through to represent their available animals to the best of their ability. Without a good DSLR camera, I don't think it's possible. If I can find out any more info for you, I'll edit this post.
        http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

@Elizabeth94 pics are always welcome no matter how the photographer rates them, we are our worst critic. That being said, yes, there are some shots you will be proud of and some you will later wonder why you posted. Hahah. That's just the reality of it and how you will develop as a photographer of sorts. In my opinion, one of the best photographers we HAD here on the forums was @Jonathan Brady , unfortunately he has moved on, but a search of his threads will show you some amazing shots, snakes and otherwise. He also shared a ton of useful info here about photography and I learned a ton from him after I purchased my camera.
          Let me start by saying that taking awesome pictures is a hobby that can consume you more than boas. There are so many aspects to it, lighting, exposure, processing, the camera, the lens, and so on. I have seen some amazing photos taken on a cell phone and I have taken some crappy pictures with a decent DSLR camera and nice lens. The good news is that its all digital nowdays so you can press the button as much as you want and delete the junk later at no cost. The more you shoot, the better you will get and obviously your odds increase of getting THE ONE shot. With digital, post processing is pretty much the norm and helps achieve those little tweaks to help convey what you actually saw in the lens so a decent software program is essential (youtube is your friend on such topics, I use Lightroom). For snakes, lighting is huge. Outdoor with some cover seems to be the easiest to get right. Full sun can be harsh and indoor is typically difficult, neither impossible, but for the beginner I found them hard to get right consistently. Perspective, rule of thirds, depth of field, shutter speed, f stop are some other terms to youtube and get a concept of. I would do sm of this research ahead of time, watch some videos, then shop for the camera that way you have a better understanding of what you do and do not need as you will find that the potential to spend big cheese is there an you will need to limit yourself if you are on a budget like most of us are, if not, spend $13,000 dollars on one DSLR lens and a nice camera body and have at it, but I promise, you can still take the worlds worst picture with it. HAHHA
          Recommendations on cameras.... you will find 800 billion opinions on this topic. To be honest, I have everything I need for what I do and I don't even use everything as much a I would like and I still find myself shooting with my cell phone and gopro more than anything. That being said I have had my current camera for a few years and they are two models ahead now. I have a Nikon D5100 I think they are at D5300 now. The d3100 series is also a good option. Cannon has their equivalents as well and the Nikon vs. Cannon debate is overwhelming so let me help you out, chose either. They are both great brands otherwise they would have been out of the game a long time ago. There are a ton of point and shoot cameras out there that have the possibility to take amazing pictures as well and you can find options that let you adjust the f stop, shutter speed, flash etc. so that is why I say do your homework first so you know what to look for. In my opinion knowledge of subject far out weighs the equipment. I cant recommend this enough......IF ITS A DSLR YOU WANT, BUY A USED CAMERA from someone/somewhere and save a ton of money. Cameras are like any technology and the newest is the oldest faster than you can think and the newest has many features you will probably not even use. Get one used and cheaper, figure it out and find out if its something worth investing deeper into before just jumping in. There are tons of people that go all in, only to find out the camera is not what takes great pictures and he the sell it. Or they find out that the entry to mid level DSLR opened up a future and they sell it to get something better/more suitable or the new model.
          I cant recall the rules here about linking other pages etc, and honestly I am not going to search for it so I will chance it because Im not doing it to get viewer numbers to my stuff, I am doing it to help. If you want to see some examples I have an account on shutterfly(of course I haven't put anything there since my journey began a few years ago, but its all with my Nikon D5100 and different lenses) and I have an instagram account with pictures only from my iPhone and gopro, also a youtube account with some gopro video with embedded still shots take from the video none of which are snakes only but you can check out if you want to give you ideas of what is possible, none of it shot on "high end" cameras, gopro 3 iPhone 4s, iPhone 6, Nikon D5100 (multiple lenses).
          Instagram is under azav(just go to instagam and do a search) , shutterfly is indecentxposure.shutterfly.com and youtube do a search for AaronZav none of this is the best stuff on the planet by far, just what is possible with learning on the internet and practicing. If the links are taken down pm me and I can send them to you or anyone else that way. Warning, the videos have music, if you don't like it, simply hit the mute button, you can still watch the video that way. Some find it necessary to comment on the music choice, so I figured I had better start including instructions for how to fix that. I hope someone made it to the end of this long post nd it helps someone, if not it was fun practicing typos!
          Last edited by AaronZav; 04-28-2015, 02:43 PM. Reason: some punctuation

Comment

She took her first bath with me last night.

I figured I would let her cuddle up in a towel while I was holding her. Ill do it now before she gets too big to cuddle

Attached Files

Comment

How CUTE! I don't think they're ever "too big to cuddle" are they? (Don't tell that to Snookems!) Maybe at some point they become the "cuddler" & we the "cuddlee"? ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
                How CUTE! I don't think they're ever "too big to cuddle" are they? (Don't tell that to Snookems!) Maybe at some point they become the "cuddler" & we the "cuddlee"? ha!
                I'm with [MENTION=13772]Noelle7206[/MENTION] on this, they are NEVER too big to cuddle. I sure do miss those red eyes of hers.
                http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
                X