Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BCI and Hypo ladies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BCI and Hypo ladies

    Shivakamini Somakandarkram (BCI) and Harlequin (hypo). I think Harley might be obese....? Currently trying to figure that out.








  • #2
    Re: BCI and Hypo ladies

    I think both of those boas appear to be in great shape and both look beautiful!

    Keep in mind that hypos generally do not maintain that "loaf of bread" shape as well as their non-hypo counterparts for some reason.

    Looks like you are doing well with both of them.
    "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: BCI and Hypo ladies

      Oh I didn't know that about hypos..Thanks for the info! Harley has sort of an abrupt start to her tail, which had me concerned. It doesn't slowly taper off like Shiva's does, so it seemed abnormal to me. But I feel much better now, thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: BCI and Hypo ladies

        Does Harley always maintain that exact shape and tapering? (I love the name by the way. I get that it's a Harlequin reference, but I'm a Harley-Davidson guy so in my mind it's an HD reference )

        I didn't not notice the tail tapering the way you mentioned until going back and looking at the pics again after you mentioned it. It is possible that Harley is just made that way, but it almost looks like Harley may be full and a defecation may be eminent at any time. Has Harley defecated recently that you can recall or do you know if it has been a good little while since the last movement?

        The front half of the boa looks great, especially for a Hypo that - like I said - sometimes do not have the typical loaf of bread shape that is desirable amongst boas. The back half, to me, looks like there is a pretty significant bowel movement impending. If that is the case, you may notice quite a difference in the full body shape after it occurs.
        "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: BCI and Hypo ladies

          I've only had her for about a month, and I am pretty sure she wasn't that same shape when I got her. She just defecated this morning (I was probably just as relieved as she was). I soaked her yesterday so that may have helped. In the past month she's defecated two times. I've fed her f/t rats 4 times, every 7 days. Her first meal item put a lump in her, but the other three were small and left a very slight lump. I'm considering not feeding her this week so as to not back her up anymore.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: BCI and Hypo ladies

            Originally posted by bebowebb View Post
            Does Harley always maintain that exact shape and tapering? (I love the name by the way. I get that it's a Harlequin reference, but I'm a Harley-Davidson guy so in my mind it's an HD reference )
            Oh and I actually came up with the name while I was driving home with her...passing a Harley Davidson dealership!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: BCI and Hypo ladies

              Originally posted by AaronSB View Post
              I've only had her for about a month, and I am pretty sure she wasn't that same shape when I got her. She just defecated this morning (I was probably just as relieved as she was). I soaked her yesterday so that may have helped. In the past month she's defecated two times. I've fed her f/t rats 4 times, every 7 days. Her first meal item put a lump in her, but the other three were small and left a very slight lump. I'm considering not feeding her this week so as to not back her up anymore.
              I'm not sure what size prey she is eating, but skipping a meal will not cause her any issues. Also, soaking in luke-warm water is typically a very good method of stimulating the bowels. This is one reason that a lot of boas defecate inside their water bowl. Either way, she does not look bad as is and she may not be backed up. That may simply be her body type and, if so, she is still a very pretty girl and makes for a great photography subject!

              Originally posted by AaronSB View Post
              Oh and I actually came up with the name while I was driving home with her...passing a Harley Davidson dealership!
              Nice! That makes me like her even more! I had a 2013 HD Road King that I absolutely loved, but thanks to some extenuating circumstances along with some peer pressure from my good friend @Avalanche , I traded her in for a 2015 HD Road Glide Special at the beginning of April. Don't tell Avalanche, but I should have listened to him and moved up to the Shark (Road Glide) a long time ago! He is one of the very few other people that I personally know that own a Road Glide. They have become much more popular this year since HD skipped production of them on the 2014 lineup, but the numbers still sway to the extreme favor of the batwing fairing bikes (Street Glides or Ultra Glides). Of course, if I had listened to Todd when he first tried convincing me to move up to the dark side of a bike with a fairing then I wouldn't have the Project Rushmore bike that I am so in love with now, but you still get the point. lol Sorry, I will stop my bike rambling now. That is one topic that I can spend all day long on.
              "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: BCI and Hypo ladies

                Thanks for the input, I'll forego this week's feeding and keep an eye on her. She's a beaut for sure!

                Haha I am the same way with health and nutrition the way you are with bikes, totally understandable

                Comment

                Working...
                X