Speedlight Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedlight Test

I recently bought a speedlight for my camera. Here's are a few test shots. I think after I get a better handle on it, it's going to improve my photos nicely.

Feedback gladly welcomed.

Thanks for looking.

Re: Speedlight Test

I don't know if it has"improved" your shots or not, but those are some nice shots of some beautiful animals!

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

They are beautiful.

Comment

The photos look very nice but, a couple of them boas look rough so you should just send them my way. LOL

Comment

You have some stunners here for sure.

Comment

These are great shots and a very beautiful collection...
            sigpicJrock23

Comment

With specimens like those as the subjects of your photos, you could scan a faxed copy of a Polaroid and it would be just fine.
              "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Hubba hubba, great pics of gorgeous animals!

Comment

Man do you really take amazing photos. I just love your boas

Comment

wow very beautiful - i'm actually going out this weekend to look for a new camera to use.

Do you have any suggestions? I ask because those photos.... 0_0 are amazing!

Comment

Thanks. I have a Nikon D7100. You can do great with a D3200 or D3300. Buy good glass. A 60mm or a 40mm macro lens. The glass makes all the difference.

Originally posted by bcasilio View Post
                      wow very beautiful - i'm actually going out this weekend to look for a new camera to use.

Do you have any suggestions? I ask because those photos.... 0_0 are amazing!

Comment

I think your photos where great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Since you're using a speedlite, consider shooting at F22 to get better depth of field. ISO at 200 and exposure on 250 and adjust light output to get the desired results. Using a light meter would help set that light output otherwise automatic will get you close. Specially if shot in raw so you can adjust exposure a few stops if needed in post production.

I'm waiting to get an additional speedlite so I can shoot both off camera to control shadows and use a wireless on camera transmitter to control the two speedlite or possibly three to completely eliminate shadows.

Comment

All that photography talk is over my head, all I know is you take exceptional photographs of your exceptional animals.
                            http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
                            X