Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics KC Reptile Show

Here are a few pictures of the KC show today:

Met one of the members today, [MENTION=17615]taxcollector[/MENTION]. He had a nice selection of boas set up.

Re: Pics KC Reptile Show

Now that is a load of Boas!

Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Nice, did you buy anything? It's always nice to meet other RTB members isn't it?
      http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by Reinz15 View Post
        Now that is a load of Boas!

Thanks for the pics!
        And they all need loving homes! normals, jungles, albinos and albino jungles. Was a good turn out for the show. Lots of window shoppers but as my first reptile expo vending I found a side of me i thought was there but never have had the chance to do, and that is educational work. I went to sell boas and i left not caring about a dime i made. Handing little kids snakes and seeing the smile on their faces as they behold these beautiful animals is priceless! Kids getting their parents who claim to be terrified of snakes to touch and even hold them! I met people from all over the united states and even some foreign people. Met 1 lady who spoke not a word of english but I could tell she wanted to hold a snake. I handed her a baby and I will NEVER forget the grin and enthusiasm that spread across her face like a plague. Her husband was in the background and he smiled at her smiling. An unforgettable moment that i will cherish for a long time. I love these animals and no matter how dry my mouth got from answering everyones questions and answering the same 5 questions all day it was so worth it and ive already booked the next show. I was told by many many people at the show who have been attending for years that I am the first person who really has boas and is willing to talk answer questions and let handle regardless if they are buying or not. It makes me sad yet happy to hear that nobody has reached out to KC yet to show these people that these larger snakes are not man eaters and killers but at the same time I feel beyond priveledged to be the one who can be educational. It was an experience I would do every day if I could. I know i said a lot but its hard to put into words just how exciting it was to show people of all ages and sizes there is nothing to be afraid of. Cant wait for the next show!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
          Nice, did you buy anything? It's always nice to meet other RTB members isn't it?
          Didn't buy anything, wife and I was passing through KC on the way to AR to visit family. MAN I wanted to though. Meeting the [MENTION=17615]taxcollector[/MENTION] was a great experience although brief. He seems like he would be a great guy to business with and he has some very nice looking boas. Thanks

Originally posted by taxcollector View Post
          I know i said a lot but its hard to put into words
          Well said, I appreciate your hard work. I hope it went well for you. Thanks

Comment

Nice. You get to stop at a reptile show while driving across the country. Nice little pit stop. [MENTION=17615]taxcollector[/MENTION] It's so good to hear your words. Most people I've met who are selling at shows are pretty cool and willing to just talk reptiles.

Comment

Hh[QUOTE=taxcollector;725105]And they all need loving homes! normals, jungles, albinos and albino jungles. Was a good turn out for the show. Lots of window shoppers but as my first reptile expo vending I found a side of me i thought was there but never have had the chance to do, and that is educational work. I went to sell boas and i left not caring about a dime i made. Handing little kids snakes and seeing the smile on their faces as they behold these beautiful animals is priceless! Kids getting their parents who claim to be terrified of snakes to touch and even hold them! I met people from all over the united states and even some foreign people. Met 1 lady who spoke not a word of english but I could tell she wanted to hold a snake. I handed her a baby and I will NEVER forget the grin and enthusiasm that spread across her face like a plague. Her husband was in the background and he smiled at her smiling. An unforgettable moment that i will cherish for a long time. I love these animals and no matter how dry my mouth got from answering everyones questions and answering the same 5 questions all day it was so worth it and ive already booked the next show. I was told by many many people at the show who have been attending for years that I am the first person who really has boas and is willing to talk answer questions and let handle regardless if they are buying or not. It makes me sad yet happy to hear that nobody has reached out to KC yet to show these people that these larger snakes are not man eaters and killers but at the same time I feel beyond priveledged to be the one who can be educational. It was an experience I would do every day if I could. I know i said a lot but its hard to put into words just how exciting it was to show people of all ages and sizes there is nothing to be afraid of. Cant wait for the next show!!!!![/

Taxcollector, I sure would like to meet you. First of all, your post really warmed my heart how you gave folks positive first experiences with Boas. Good on you man! That right there is going to be the key to your success.

My whole life was sales. I have done a handful of various industries and their shows on retail, wholesale, and indirect sales level. I've done it all, but spent most of the time doing retail. Your attitude of education and passion is what will keep bringing people back to you. Maybe not tomorrow or next year, but eventually that 7 yr old kid will have the means and will remember you. I know because I've been there and that is what made me successful at that time in my life.
              Keep your passion and keep thinking about how each show is an investment towards the future. And give the kids business cards! They hang on to them!
              Keep up the great work, I'm proud of ya man!

Comment

You have a lot of baby boas on the table
                sigpicJrock23

Comment

Working...
                X