Cleaning Day Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Day Pics

First of all. I love reptiles. I've been working crazy hours the last couple months and trying to get out on the weekends for hiking adventures so I haven't been giving my reptiles much attention beyond feeding, watering, and cleaning. And they could care less, lol. One of the many reasons that reptiles are awesome, lol.

We did a quick hike this morning and before convincing my 80lbs dog that she needed a bath (she thinks swimming in an algae ridden pond counts as bath time) I decided to do some cage cleaning before taking out the rats to thaw.

First up, Jax my 2014 Argentine Boa. This guy was pretty grumpy when he arrived, always hissing at me and following my every move. He's really calmed down the last couple months and now he's a doll to handle.

Secondly is my Blood Python, Hantu Belia. I've given up on ever taming this one. She tries to rip off my face as soon as I open the cage, lol. She's not that big, just over 3ft but she's incredibly girthy and handling her is quite difficult. But she's super pretty so I just leave her alone and thank my lucky stars that Blood Pythons don't mess up their cages that often. That being said when I do have to take her out of her cage for cleaning I hate my life and swear loudly the entire time.

And my Green Anole. I got him on a whim when I returned from a Florida vacation a couple years ago because these little guys are all over the place down there.

“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
    www.outworldreptiles.com

Re: Cleaning Day Pics

Your story about Hantu Belia made me laugh. None of my snakes are like that; just lucky, I guess. Jax is very pretty, too.

Comment

I wish we had more green anoles around. The invasive brown anoles have pushed them higher into the trees so I don't get to see them too much. Maybe once a year unless I go out specifically looking for them. If I take a step outside the front door in the morning, the ground crawls with brown anoles running for cover.

Comment

Hey these are nice, look the argentine tho. I myself is trying to find a Maxx pink argentine, hopefully I get lucky at the next 3 expo shows & or tinley park
        sigpicJrock23

Comment

Thanks for the pics and anecdotes Zap, very enjoyable!

I just love Jax!

Comment

Originally posted by Jrock23 View Post
            Hey these are nice, look the argentine tho. I myself is trying to find a Maxx pink argentine, hopefully I get lucky at the next 3 expo shows & or tinley park
            I would check out Ancient Reproductions. They're the ones that started the Maxx Pink line. That's where I picked up the male I posted below and this girl. I'm sure other people are breeding them but there are a only a few generations of them so they're still not that common yet. I've never seen any at any expo's.

“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
            www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

Ok cool, yea I never seen them at an expo either. But hopefully I might have little luck
              sigpicJrock23

Comment

Nice animals, and yes, blood pythons can be feisty

Comment

That Argentine is a beauty!
                  "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X