Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi everyone, here are pics of my 18 mnth old boas also questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone, here are pics of my 18 mnth old boas also questions.

I havent been on here in awhile, we had a big move and I had to rehome alot because we thought we were going to move to an apartment. But we are in a house so after much regret I am building back up my little pile of snakes. Anyway I just got these two a week or so ago and had some questions. Male is first three, and female last three. Does anyone think these have some Central american in them. They are very small for 18 mnths old and the male is super pink, even his belly is.

This mostly shows his pinks but they are much brighter in person.

Here is the female who looks more like a common boa to me but still small for 18 mnths old.

Re: hi everyone, here are pics of my 18 mnth old boas also questions.

Welcome back and congrats on your new additions!
    "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Thanks,
      Wow thirty views and no comments, must be ugly boas..lol

Comment

Pretty boas. I can't see anything that says it is a central american boa other than freckling which as far as I know all boas can have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Miranda View Post
          Wow thirty views and no comments, must be ugly boas..lol
          No such thing as an ugly boa!

Your kiddos are very pretty. Their size could obviously just be how the breeder fed them. I have two 2014 models, and the male came much larger than the female and still is, although she's starting to catch up slowly. Perhaps yours were kept on a maintenance feeding schedule.

Comment

You boas are looking good. The first one looks CA to me. Welcome back.

Comment

I have no idea what they are, other than very pretty! That one sure is pink! Sad that you went thru re-homing some & didn't really have to after all.

Comment

Thanks. Yes I do think the breeder was feeding them mice.Ive since switched them to rats which they took right away. I was kind of hoping they were CA mix but thats okay.They are both het albino.

As for the rehoming yes it sucked. I sold four ball pythons that I really really regret and wish I could get them back, as well as my female boa.

Comment

Congrats on your getting these beautiful boas. They look fine to me and they have a good start for their future, having been acquired by someone like you who will take excellent care of them!

Comment

Congratulations on the new additions, I don't see any CA influence but you never know for sure unless the breeder proves it. Sorry about losing some of your babies but I'm glad you are back and rebuilding!
                    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Thank you so much everyone.I am excited about this pair. I dont have any family or friends that like snakes and they always just shrug me off or change the subject if I talk about them so it can be a lonely hobby.
                      I may contact the breeder and ask him about the lineage. Do boas normally have pink bellys?

Comment

Working...
                      X