Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in identifying this rescue boa?

Hello Everyone!
    One of my friends referred me to this site, so I wanted to post pictures of my new Boa named Triad! He was a rescue boa in not-so-good shape, so bringing him to a new home seemed like a good idea at the time. I've just never seen a boa so dark before, and while I have no clue on his lineage (or locale) it's fun to ponder what it could be - I'd definitely be open to suggestions or clues! I'm just happy to bring him to a good home.

This guy has had some bad wounds previously that have healed over, so I'm sure I made the right decision in bringing him home.

I also have two Woma pythons if anyone wants to see pictures of them, but I don't think this is the right forum to do that!

Re: Help in identifying this rescue boa?

Looks like a normal BCI to me...and the one I had for many years was just as dark and IMO, quite beautiful, just as yours is. Glad you could help him have a better life. (mine was an unwanted rescue too)

Welcome to the site, I hope you keep us posted on his progress. The healed scars are probably from feeding him live, which hopefully you won't do...boas typically have great appetites & readily take dead prey.

BTW, you may find that this snake occasionally looks much lighter in color, for no apparent reason; mine did that too...it's normal. But I like the dark colors...and the iridescence (especially in the sunshine) is
    just awesome on these boas.

And we'd love to see your womas!

Comment

Definitely have no plans of feeding him live - a medium sized rat could seriously hurt him! And according to the place I got him from he was doing fine on f/t. I did have to pull him out of the cage today because he pooped everywhere, so I got a chance to measure him at 5'7". This is by far the biggest snake I've owned

As for the womas... here you go!

Toma Guey - male 2014? Woma Python:

When I first got him:
      Feeding fail?
      Recent Photo:
      Best picture of his colors:

Rosetta - female 2015 Woma Python:

When I first got her:
      Another shot:
      She's hungry:

Comment

That's a VERY beautiful normal BCI. Glad he's in good hands now

Comment

Awesome boa, and welcome to the site.

Comment

Agree with everyone else about it being a normal BCI. A very pretty one! I wonder if maybe it has some Central American blood, some of those locales tend to be darker. But there is no way of knowing without having the parental history.

Also I would love to see some pictures of the Woma pythons! They're one of my favorites. One of the sub-forums on this site is for other types of boas and pythons. When I eventually move into a bigger space I'll definitely be getting one of those : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
            www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

Welcome to RTB and thanks for all the pictures! You have a very beautiful, dark normal BCI and a couple of also very beautiful Womas! Pull up a chair and stay a while, there are a lot of awesome people here.
              http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
              X