Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling to Guyana - Chances of me photographing a boa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to Guyana - Chances of me photographing a boa?

I'm taking a trip to Guyana later this month to visit my girlfriend's family. I love Guyanese BCC (I have 3), and I think it would be great to photograph one in its natural habitat. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any connections in Guyana to make my dream come true?

Oh and here is a picture of my Guyanese BCC pairing this season: 2011 aberrant patterned male and 2010 Rose litter female.
    Attached Files

Re: Traveling to Guyana - Chances of me photographing a boa?

I'm so jealous, A trip to Guyana is on my bucket list. I hope you have a great time and I look forward to all the pictures when you return. Best of luck on the pairing. I have a male from the same litter as your female that I will be breeding to a female from the other litter JB had that same year. Hope fully it will be a good year for Guyana's!

Comment

Best of luck! I hope you see some boas. We expect a full report in pictures

Comment

Hope you have a nice trip and wow what a pairing. Thanks

Comment

Have fun in Guyana, I'm totally jealous. One thing I would suggest is to see if there are any national parks in the area and hire a tour guide. I would never have thought to do it on my own, but I went to Costa Rica a few years ago to visit some friends, and we did just that. The guide had a crazy eye for finding wildlife, like pointing out sloths 60 feet up in the trees, and he even found me an Eyelash Viper. He had a telescope on a tripod so we could get a look at things that we never would have found ourselves.

sigpic

Comment

You'll experience first hand how good their camouflage is, that's for sure. I hope you came back with some great shots! Good luck from another jealous forum member!

-Sean in NoCal
            “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
            -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Dang, those Rose babies just reach out and smack me upside the head. LOL Good luck with that pairing.

Take LOTS of pictures when you go on your trip, I'll add my name to the growing list of jealous people!
              http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes! I leave in a week.

Comment

That sounds awesome! Best of luck to you. Looking forward to the photos on your return..... Guyana! What a trip

Comment

Working...
                  X