Snow Boa Photoshoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Boa Photoshoot

Took some pictures of my favorite male, a 2013 Snow. He was bred to a very dark black leopard boa this spring and I am hoping to get a litter of het Snow Leopards this June.

Re: Snow Boa Photoshoot

He is absolutely stunning, I wish you much luck with the upcoming litter. Keep us posted on it please?
    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Some REALLY nice shots in there! And I LOOOOOOVE the photo box. If I could make a suggestion... I'd find some sort of complimentary rock or 3-dimensional object to put in the box. IMO, this will do a few things for the images... 1) It'll give some variety to the "enclosure" and break up the straight lines (seams) 2) It'll give you some additional angles to shoot 3) It'll give the animals an even more 3-dimensional surface that they can grip, rather than needing to flatten out their bodies for security which will allow their musculature to really show off. Disclaimer: I realize he just came out of breeding season so he's probably lacking a bit of musculature and "fullness" as a result.

All of that said, these really are some of the best images I've seen and I think you're miles ahead of most other people taking pictures of their animals. Well done!
      jb

PS, obviously this box has some size to it... you may even have room for some moss, in a corner perhaps, or a moss covered rock and maybe a rock of some sort that can act as a water bowl. Throw in a naturalistic looking branch, etc. and it's incredibly complete. Leaving room for a removable hide box would be a great idea, then you can allow your animal to enter the hide box and relax, then remove the hide box and your animal may be stationary and well placed :-) The hide box part is what I used to do outdoors and often, it worked VERY well.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! You really hit it on the nose there, when I was culling pictures on this round of shots i really felt it was lacking depth.

Comment

Working...
        X