Pics of my new BCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my new BCC

Hey all, Just joined this forum, Got myself a pair of BCC this morning.

I am just posting some quick pics I took of my female for now as the male has a bit of a stuck shed that I am busy trying to sort out with some soaking.

When I have sorted the males stuck shed I will post some pics of him, and I will update later on with some more pics once they settle

Re: Pics of my new BCC

Welcome to RTB and congratulations on your new family members! The one you took pictures of is beautiful and I can't wait to see the other one as well.
    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Here is a pic of my male, its a terrible pic but I fed him last night so I wasn't too keen on taking him out so for now this will have to do but you get the idea for now
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmm I posted a pic of the male a few mins ago but the post was never uploaded. Strange.

Anyways here is a bad pic of the male, I fed him last night so I wasn't too keen on taking him out for a photo in better lighting. But you get the idea of what he looks like at least.

Attached Files

Comment

You did right by leaving the male to digest in peace...no point risking a regurgitation by handling or stressing a new snake...pics can wait, just ignore those of us who nag you for them, LOL!

(It's actually best for ALL new snakes to give them a couple weeks to settle in as the process of relocation is frightening to them...and it's best if they feed easily at least twice at normal intervals before you handle
          them, for best results. Not saying that things will go awry now...but sometimes they do, just giving you "best practices". Many keepers -new AND experienced- do not follow these recommendations though, and only
          some have problems as a result. In all likelihood, you & yours will be fine.)

As for your duplicate post, I suspect there was a delay in posting since you're new here? Not to worry...this too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sachakogel View Post
            Hmmmm I posted a pic of the male a few mins ago but the post was never uploaded. Strange.
            My guess is that you were still in moderation at the time. We moderate new members' first few posts to keep the forum free of spam. (we get A LOT of spam posts.) Now that your user name is red, you're out of moderation. Posts should show immediately.

Beautiful BCCs. I'm gonna have to get me some of those someday.

-Sean in NoCal
            “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
            -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Gorgeous BCC you have! I have a few of them myself and adore them.
              http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Welcome aboard..

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
                sigpicJrock23

Comment

Thank you for all the comments guys. Loving these snakes more and more as the days go by.

I am Going to build them some nice enclosures over the next few days with some branches for them to climb. I put a piece of branch in the one tub for the female and she stays up there most of the time.
                  I have always made aboreal setups for my boas and they have always made good use of them. Most of the time I have found that they choose branches over hides.

Comment

It's good for their muscle tone too. Personally I'd offer hides also...especially if you're using some UTH...belly-heat actually seems to be the best option for their digestion, while the branches make for much better
                    exercise & less boredom. Then too, some snakes have their own "opinions", so pay attention to what your individuals seem to like. There's "guidelines"...and then there's "preferences", lol.

Comment

Thanks I will definitely offer both options. Branches and a hide.

Comment

When you first acquire a snake, much of their choice depends on what they've had before. Many pet-shops may not offer 'hides' (so customers can always see them) so they may be wary of such things in their
                        new homes, having no experience with them. It may take some time for them to settle in & realize they have options. In the same way, branches offer the traction they love...or maybe an escape route? For a
                        small snake, even a clean cardboard tube (from paper towels or gift wrap) may be appreciated to hide in snugly & it's kinda fun to watch their actions while they explore. Just make sure that whatever you give them
                        is "safe"...not something they can get stuck in (holes that are not big enough for them to easily slide all the way thru, even after a meal), or something that can injure them (like those fake "castles" they sell for
                        tropical fish to swim thru, they have all sorts of jagged edges inside that won't effect fish, but that would cut up your snake if he coiled inside.)

Comment

Stunning!

Love the BCCs.

Comment

So my male had a bad shed before I received him, I tried my best to soak and get it all off but after a couple hours I left it and stopped irritating him trying to get all the loose shed off as some of it was stuck onto him quite badly.

Anyway it would appear that his new setup has worked wanders because he had a perfect shed today He looks stunning to say the least.

here are a few pics of him I might put him out in the sun tomorrow and snap some shots of him, unfortunately I only have my iphone for pics.

anyways I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Comment

Amazing what the right conditions will do for our snakes (& their sheds).

Comment

Working...
                              X