X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic's of my new Surinams

Hey all,

Here are some pic's of the Suinams that I recieved today. So far so good. They are gentel, but want to move. That will calm. I took some very fast images of them, It really doesn't show how intense the tails are, but you will have an idea. I plan to bring them to my studio as soon as they settle in some. The tails are so intense, love'em..
    Steve

This is one of the male

Re: Pic's of my new Surinams

Another of the male (full body)
    Steve

Comment

Here is the girls tail.

Steve

Comment

Here is the girl again (full body)
        Just wait till I bring these to my studio under perfect lighting..
        Steve

Comment

WOW Steve great lookin boa's man bautiful ;D

Comment

Those are the ones you got on the trade....??
            If so good trade.. ;D
            I lov' suris... If I had it all to do again I would have two suri's not two colmbians...
            Well have a good'un'
            Eric aka...Red

Comment

GRRRRR,,
               Man that is some beautiful BOA"SS
               I have had some Guyana for about 2 1/2 years and they are one of my favorite species of  boa's..  Hey guyana //surname its just a line on a map.. hehe
                Good luck, take that feeding slow go a little smaller on the feedings that first year, They really take off in size the second year.
                 Have you plans for a large cage???
               Doug
              see that sweetie pie pic i have under my name thats my first BCC at around 18 mos... SHE"S a tad bigger now.......

Comment

Ooooh Steve wow!!!!! falling on the floor, heart is doin flip flops... wolf whistles wow!!!!!!!! Those babies are awsome and very beautiful.... way to go wooohoooo.... b27.gif b27.gif b27.gif

Comment

Hi Diablo,

Thanks man..

Hey Red,
                  Yeah those are the ones I mentioned. Funny thing was I always avoided Surinams because some idiot told me years ago that they are all agressive. About two months ago I met someone who had one and just had to check it out. It was almost 13 foot (female) had to weigh about 80 pounds (that is a guess) and was such a sweet heart. This guy was one of the first to breed Sur's in captivity so I took what he said as fact. He told me some are nipper then BCI when born, but if you handle them, they calm right down. He and Clay were ones that made me rethink getting N. Brazilian Boa's. Now those I hear from most have a bit of an agressive streak.. So far so good with these two. They were shaken up with the shipping, you could tell that when I opened the bags, they were on guard, but no striking so far, so hissing.. When the came out, the relaxed and wanted to check everything out.

Thanks
                  Steve

Comment

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the comments. I was told to go easy on their sides, by two breeders and Slither who posts on this forum. Gonna feed more smaller for awhile. As for the cage. They are in a glass tank right now and will be for a month or so. The tank is 48 long, 16 deep and 16 high. SO its OK for now. I will be giving them a 3 foot deep by 6 foot long by 2 foot high as a home, but I need to find where I can put them after I make them..LOL
                    I have seen that image under your name. Love that pattern..

Steve

Comment

Hi Barracuda

Thanks for the kind words.. I really can see these producing some killer babies.. Gonna be awhile though..)

Steve

Comment

From what I under stand there is not type of non-venomes snake that every one born is bad... Most of the time you can just take a couple from the real nasty one and in time they settle right down...
                        suri's are my fav.
                        I lov' how they look real smooth because they have more scales...
                        Eric aka...Red

Comment

Very nice boas. Stunning.

Comment

There you go Steve... those are SMOOOOOOOOOKKKKINNNNG!!! 8) 8) 8)

Okay now, get out the good cameras at the studio and get some more of those tail shots.
                            To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                            -Clay English
                            Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Hi Red,

I guess mainly I agree with what you said, but to be honest I have had many dealings with large green anaconda's and I have yet to find one that is nice in any way. I know a few people that have gotten them as babies and they were not bad, but the bigger they got, the less handleable they became. And let me tell you, a 19 foot anaconda with a grumpy streak is just no fun..LOL
                              I'll just stick with Boa's and some pythons. if I get the yen for a snake bigger then these surinam's I would get a burm..
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X