X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic of Midnight

Hi All,

Just feed my one boa Midnight and she was so relaxed with a full belly in her feed box I had to snap a few pic's.. She wompped 3 good size rats just before posing..

Steve Clark

[]

Re: Pic of Midnight

Here is the full body shot with full belly..
    Steve Clark

Comment

8)Wow Steve, shes a really nice looking girl!!! I really like those super dark saddles... Nice face shot....

Comment

Very nice looking girl!!! I love that dark color that she has!!! ;D

Comment

Hi Barracuda and eViL_KaRoT,

Yeah she is my fav of my snakes. Still haven't sexed her yet. My probes were lent out and lost, so now I am waiting for my order of them to come in. Whats really interesting about this one is I really have no clue the exact age, but the last three months she has sed every month. Not super normal for an adult, maybe just a growth spurt. This is one snake I will be mating this coming season. If its a male I plan to give him a very light girl and another real dark girl, if it is a girl, gonna stick with dark. I have this thing about her dark color. I would love to keep the jet black tail on the babies..

Thanks for the comments
          Steve

Comment

8)Hey Steve whats the size on that boa??? I bet thats a female.. I had one rescue male boa that came in awhile back and had that color with a black tail was alittle over 4ft at the time.. to bad it had IBD and i had to put him down... That color is way cool.. I have a thing for dark saddles...

Comment

She is over 6 foot, but haven't measured her yet. I really hope she is a girl or she will have a complex. I keep calling her a her..

Thats really sad about your boa. IBD is real scarry. I had a friend who has over 20 snakes and he got some 40 dollar Ball and it turned out to have IBD, wiped every last snake out except his king snake. He was crushed. Considering he just laid out 5 grand for a pair of albino boas to breed. Too bad these isn't an easy at home way to tell if your snake has IBD before its too late..

Would love to see pics of that snake if you have any..
              Steve

Comment

HI,
                 Like the picture of your boa's ,the name is a perfect fit.. sorry about your friends loss,
                many people are trying to keep to many snakes and froget about that quarentine periods for all new boids, one sick python can wipe out an entire collection, I wonder if the king is infected but not showing symptoms many pythons can do this. The common cross infection vector  may be mites.
                      Doug

Comment

:-/ I dont have any pics of that male that was put down.. Il tell ya BP's get that IBD very fast and if ya get a sick snake with it man make sure you dont have any BP's around as they will pic it up and wham there done for.. Im glad it was quarenteend and none of my other snakes got sick.. plus he was always the last snake i worked with and i always bleached everything.. IBD is nothing to mess around with its awful what it does to these snakes... Plus during the winter RI was really bad all around Mich.. Everyones snakes was getting it, and alot of people was dealing with mites as the feeders was carrying them.. Im glad i dont have to deal with that issue... Any rescues or new snakes that come to my house get put into sanitary housing in a room far away from the other snakes and also they go to the vets straight away and they are always the last to be taken care of.. then i wash and clean everything with diluted bleach.. I am very careful with what i do with all my babies , they are like family memebers and get treated as such.... what can i say mom loves her babies...... ;D

Comment

Hi Doug,

Yeah Midnight will always be my baby. It was funny I got Midnight from a petshop I supply rodents to. Mightnight was sold to the petshop 10 mins before I got there. Standard story up here, Kid gets snake, keeps snake, goes to college, parents don't want to feed the snake, they get rid of it. Funny thing was I had no intention of getting another snake but when I saw the tail, then held it for 20 mins, the temperment was so nice I took it on the spot.

Yeah the guy who lost all his snakes was down for a long time, just kept his king. The king was checked inside and out by his vet and given a clean bill of health. That was abit over a year ago. Two months ago, he took two of my RTB and is getting the bug again, but swore he would never get from a pet store ever again..

Steve

Comment

Hi Barracuda_41,

Yeah IBD is scarry. One thing I hate about some breeders is they will use Ball pythons to check for IBD because they pick it up so fast and die from it faster then say a Boa. Kind of crewl if you ask me.

Sorry about your snake. I know how it is to become attached to a snake and then it dies.

Steve Clark

Comment

Working...
                      X