This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my baby

here are a few pics of my Chloe, she looks a little dingy, as she is going to shed very soon. I was cleaning her cage up and thought I'd snap a few pics.

Thanks Clay for the good advice on feeding her rat pups instead of mice, she is definately growing a little. I have her eating 1 rat pup every week. She wants more, but I am afraid to give her more!

(her highness was none too happy with me for taking her picture, and giving her a bath..only to return her to her cage!)

Re: pics of my baby

another one....I'll post some post shed pics later on for the finished result! ;D

Comment

That's a good looking animal you have there ;D

Comment

May I ask how old and how long your Boa is?

Comment

If she still appears to be a little thin, then you can help put a little weight on her.

What you can do in order to help get her back on track, is feed her 2 rat pups on a staggered feeding schedule such as once a month. So you could for example feed 2 rat pups at the first of the month, then 1 a week after that until the first feeding of the next month.

Or if it appears she needs more food, then feed 2 pups every other feeding.

Once she appears to thickening up, then you can back off to feeding 1 meal at a time.

Then based on overall progress after several months she should be growing nicely, and it may be time to "upsize" to the next rat size such as pre weanlings.

Looking good!!!
          To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
          -Clay English
          Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

SaKSTa: Chloe is around 9-10 months old and she is 25 inches long and I think about 3 inches around...

Clay: That is a good idea, I will definately try that! I actually started out feeding her 2 rat pups a week because after she had ate one, it looked like she hadn't ate anything at all...She did put on more weight, but I soon realized that I was overfeeding her and went down to 1 a week and she lost a little of her girth that she had gained.... I know she is eventually going to get really big, but I want to refrain from overfeeding her so she won't get gargantuan or anything. Thanks for the advice Clay ;D

Comment

Who do you order you rrats from?

Comment

I don't, I get them live from Underground Reptile in Deerfield Bch, FL (GREAT PLACE!!) I am waiting till she starts eating "regular" rats before I start ordering them frozen. Why do you ask?

Comment

Working...
                X