X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumeril's Boa - Old World ? ?

Dumeril's boa - or acrantophis dumerili

There is a strong scientific surge to classify these boas more accurately as (of course)

Boa constrictor dumerili

These are one of the old world boa constrictors. From the island country of Madagascar, off the southeast coast of Africa.

These ground dwelling boas, acheive average length of 7 feet or so, with average litter sizes of 20 neonates. These babies tend to be a little nippy, but are extremely good eaters and thicken up quickly.

These boas also have the tail appearance more commonly seen in pythons. Short stubby tails, thicker and heavier bodied than Colombians, these are becoming more and more popular.

To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
    -Clay English
    Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Re: Dumeril's Boa - Old World ? ?

HI Clay,
    Is this a future breeding project?. they tend to be a bit pricey
    here in VA. Around 235.00, I ve only seen neonates locally, do they hold that color or tend to fade out to a dull brown?
    Nice looking animals
    doug

Comment

That must be your snake clay that is your back ground for pic's... are you expanding?? Nice lookin snake..
      I like them a bit but they just are not as nice as the colombians are... Well se ya
      Eric aka..Red

Comment

I actually purchased these dumerils at the Little Rock show. I bought them at the time as a potential future breeding project, because I had always wanted to own some of the dumerils and this trio has exceptional orange highlights.

I have placed the entire trio for sale, just in case someone wanted a good start on dumerils. I have my hands full with the colombians, so I would not mind selling the entire trio of dumerils. It is just that I will not be in any hurry to do so. If they sell fine, however if they do not sell, I will eventually breed them.

http://www.redtailboas.com/dumeril/index.shtml
        To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
        -Clay English
        Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Working...
        X