This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new boas

Hi all It's been a while scince I last posted, all my snakes are doing fine. I just got a trio of cookes tree boas for a steal ;D ;D ;D ;D. Take a look at this babys cool eyes.

Re: new boas

nice looking boa, whats there temperment? i have had some dealing with these boas and most are very aggressive.

Comment

Same happened to me.I was going to get one out of my buddies cage and it latched on to my hand and absolutely would not let go for anything.I would have to say there cranky morning,noon and night.

Comment

Very cool Luke!

Comment

Oh man...love those eyes. They almost look florescent!
          pa

Comment

Hay guys thay are deffinatly highly aggressive, but once you get to know them thay are easy to handle without gloves, when putting your hand in keep your fingers together and put your palm to the boa, then move towards the boas head, it will cower down and eventually when your hand comes into contact with the boas head you are able to pick it up without an injury , once you have them out keep them at arms lenght and definatly no sudden movements, once you piss them off thay will strike at everything that moves, if you are gentle and slow with them thay are a joy to handle, I would reckomend them to experianced keepers as thay are so beutyfully marked. I was going to attempt a breeding this year but have not had time to get the vives ready so it will be next year now.

Comment

Sounds like you are doing well with them. Keep us posted and also we would love to see more pictures of these guys. Very unique.
              To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
              -Clay English
              Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

No cmpeting from me on obtaining any of these guys at all LOL. They are ..or the ones that I have met and know people who keep em have of them..known for their strikeyness and biting and that GREAt temperament that they have [ sarcastically inclined btw on the temperament lol].
                They definately are interesting looking to say the least. Those eyes really set that one off even. How large are these ones that you have atm ?

Comment

Working...
                X