This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Red Tail

Here are some pics of my girl KiKi. The first one is from about 3-4 months ago. The others are from about 7-8 months ago. If you can...tell me what kind of red tail she is. This is my first snake and I wasn't given the specifics of her. Thanks!!

Re: My Red Tail

here she is about 7-8 months ago

Comment

here is another pic

Comment

Well she looks to be a BCI from the saddles. Also her saddle count apperas to be one of the BCI that is generally lower like a BCC's is.. Such is found in the breeding of the circle backeds BCI boas. Can see such by noting the apparent "double" spacing in some of the saddles she's got. The babies whom do not wind up as circlebackeds usually have this type of patterning in their saddles.
        She's nice looking no matter how ya look at it .

Comment

i don't mean to sound like a retard, but i am not to familiar with the abbreviations you are using. This is my first snake and i am still learning about things. You mention BCC and BCI???...i am lost with that... if you could give me a little bit more info i would appreciate it. Thanks !!!

Comment

OOPS SORRY ??? Been doing this for soo long I forget that not everyone follows along sometimes with such things as the BCI vs BCC thing hehe.

Ok.. Here it is ..

BCC = The pure bred of the BOAs basically in redtails hehe. They are the specific locality snakes which have a distinctive BRIGHT red tail. Usually see widows peaks on these ones also on their saddles. Some of them are the Guyana, Suriname, Peruvian. OH and BCC = BOA CONSTRICTOR CONSTRICTOR

BCI = The "mutt" of the BOAs in redtails hehe. They do not have as bright a tail as the BCC and have a concave inwardness to their saddles. BCI = BOA CONSTRICTOR IMPERATOR

UMM Does that help out at all ?

Comment

yeah..i feel even dumber now...right after i typed that question i realized what the abbreviations were and i should not have written that...i was just tired that day and my brain was not thinking...thank you for the extra info though....

Comment

Ok since you are new...  For one you should not feed on any type of substrate or in the enclosure for that matter...  I would suggest going to the Ultimate Care Guide on this site... http://www.redtailboas.com/general_c...eral_care.html
                Memorization is the best method for reading it...  Your snake can become constipated if it swallows any of that stuff on the ground in your cage...   Besides if you condition your snake to you opening the cage and giving food then some day when the snake is big it might mistake you for food...  if you put a snake in a box or somthing then feed it..  it will get conditioned to eat when it is in the box not the cage...  just thought I would mention that...
                Eric aka...Red

Comment

you know, the people i bought the snake from told me that not to long ago and i started doing that..it has worked out good so far..she isn't as jumpy when i go in the room and open her cage now...but thanks for the insight...i am always welcome to suggestions...

Comment

I just thought I would say that... When I first got my boa I had astro turff and I am lucky.. I had had my boa for like 6 month's and fed in the cage on that astro turff... If I would have had wood chips I would have fed on them.. Then I started to come here and look at me now... I almost never post a "?" anymore... just answer them... it is a good feeling... Well we have to have some luck some times...
                    Have a good one...
                    Eric aka...Red

Comment

Lori I think your explanation of BCC and BCI is compleatly wrong, both BCC and BCI's are pure bread, BCC'S comeing from one side of the mountains and the BCI's the other, BCI's are in no way mutts as you discribe them, you get mutts in both BCC and BCI and you get BCC BCI mutts, I think your explination was a little misleading to a newcomer?

Comment

Working...
                      X