This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near Tragedy feeding vid

For those of you that preach on feeding frozen/thawed, i wanted to feed live every now and then just to see the "HUNT" in my snakes and i came close to a tragedy.... so for some of you who dont like feeding F/T, this is why you should.

YouTube - Red Tail Boas Vs. 3 Stooges

Re: Near Tragedy feeding vid

I can tell you one thing. Those rats you fed are way to big for them. Thats a good way to have her regurge or cause all kind of other problems. Very irresponsible
    Last edited by clsutt29; 10-31-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Zips mouth shut and throws away the key.D:banghead

Comment

*Shakes head*
        http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

For those viewing this tread, these rats are WAY to large a prey item for these boas. And the one that grabbed the rat in the midsection is how boas are killed and mutilated. That rat could easily chew thru the boas head/spine in a flash.

Please don't feed live, and please don't feed prey items that are way too large for them.

My .02
          To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
          -Clay English
          Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Originally posted by ClayEnglish View Post
            For those viewing this tread, these rats are WAY to large a prey item for these boas. And the one that grabbed the rat in the midsection is how boas are killed and mutilated. That rat could easily chew thru the boas head/spine in a flash.

Please don't feed live, and please don't feed prey items that are way too large for them.

My .02
            Yeah, what Clay said.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayEnglish View Post
              My .02
              those are two -very- valuable pennies.

Comment

Boas aren't toys. Don't treat them like they are.
                "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

Sad thing is, the boards are full of crap like this. There's on guy on RI from Canada that likes to video(YouTube) all his LIVE feedings, "cuz it's so rad, dude!!!" Dummy! I want to choke him! Most of these Noobs, are impulse buyers that get snakes cuz it's soo "cool", then get rid of them in a couple years when they get tired of cleaning snake turds!!!

Comment

Yes to all, thank you for your comments..... i realize now that it was very irresponsible for me to do that.... Too all the newbies, this is was not to do. My 2 babies were fed too big of prey item and i knew it but like i said i just wanted to see them eat live and those were the smallest i can find. thats what happens when the only pet stores you have within a 30 mile radius is PETCO AND PETSMART. but Zo's rat was appropriate size. i cant even see a noticable lump in him. but for the babies WE WERE PREPARED FOR THE WORST AND THERE WAS VIDEO NOT INCLUDED THE EDITED VERSION. If i can get some constructive criticism to help me and my wife learn from this it would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

ok i usually am pretty cival when it comes to stuff like this

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WTH your snake Siraj that rat was 3 times bigger than what i believe she should have ate omg u can see the whole rat in her i dont think that a good sign no wonder it took her 2 dam hours to eat that thing..... u might wanna try to feed her smaller ones that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to big

omg i hope she is ok after eating that one

constructive criticism: DONT EVER FEED THAT BIG OF A RAT TO UR LIL ONES....... and in ur post u said u were prepared for the worst why would u put your babies in that kind of predicerment...... UNREAL

Comment

Originally posted by niko1 View Post
                        those were the smallest i can find. thats what happens when the only pet stores you have within a 30 mile radius is PETCO AND PETSMART. but Zo's rat was appropriate size.

bro, you need to order from an online rodent dealer so you get appropriate size.

Comment

Well Niko, just chock it up as a lesson learned.

I'm sure more people will need to have their say, but what needed to be said has already been covered.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Comment

You actually could have offered your smaller boas large mice. That would have been the way to go, since rats of appropriate size weren't available.

I know you're probably going to be feeding frozen/thawed in the future, but this one feeding "could" have ended in tragedy. I'm glad that it didn't. I also hope your smaller boas are able to keep their meal down.

It's better to let your boa miss a meal, than give it something too large.

Comment

WOW! You got flamed bro! LOL! But hey, you took it like a man. This shows you're NOT another YouTube idiot. I hope anyway...

I think you know what went wrong in that vid and as strange as it may sound I'm actually glad you posted it. You got flamed in this thread but you're gonna be a better keeper for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X