Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boa bites owner in the face.... ANIMAL PLANET!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boa bites owner in the face.... ANIMAL PLANET!!!!!

THIS GUY IS SO STUPID FOR WHAT HE DID WITH HIS SNAKE.... IT HAD A MOUTH DROPPING RESPONSE TO THIS ONE

YouTube - Untamed and Uncut - Boa Bites Owner in Face

Re: Boa bites owner in the face.... ANIMAL PLANET!!!!!

Is this the one in the bar?? I can't watch videos for some reason. But if it is it's just stupid what the host says about it "sizing up the baby". Like way to give a snake a bad name thats never been responsible for a death.

Comment

poo the video won't work

Comment

sorry guys i dont know why the vid wont work.... ill try reposting it

Comment

I've seen this one before, he has it out for probably over an hour and is passing it around like it's a toy and you can see it start to get defensive. Well bam, it got him. He should know better but not all snake owners are responsible. He got what he deserved and no fault of the boa whatsoever.

Comment

Yup thats a old video and the guy is a moron ("Moron is a controversial term once used in psychology to denote a category of mental retardation"), just to clarify my feelings. I dont feel that animal planet was putting boas in the proper light in that video either ("despite there aggresive nature") what bull Ive been bitten by my corns more than my RTB's. Any snake and for that matter most any other animal period would have a similar aggresive break if treated like that poor snake was...

Comment

"Despite their aggressive nature, boas are still the most sought after snake as a pet." HA! First of all that's ridiculous, second of all they're showing pictures of GTPs and anacondas while they say how aggressive boas are. Come on Animal Planet, how about a little less drama and a few more facts.
              http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

i saw this before that guys an idiot who blows in a boas face???

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
                  i saw this before that guys an idiot who blows in a boas face???
                  that was the trigger, i do believe.

but you're right... passing it around for an hour in a crowded place like that didn't help.

Comment

I would have bit him too! Stupid idiot. That poor snake had to be stressed to the max.

Comment

I saw this video the day I decided to buy my first boa, I wanted to see what some bites on people were like. Even then before reading the care guide I could tell this guy was doing everything wrong, the worst part for me is that the boa stopped eating after this and died. This made me worry for the first week or so that my snakes were going to lose all their teeth and die on me should I get bitten, well you guys cleared that up with all your "I got taggged!" posts and other helpful information. Giant fail on the part of Animal Planet and the owner here.

Comment

hey this guy deserves all he got, what an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by smilts View Post
                          Yup thats a old video and the guy is a moron ("Moron is a controversial term once used in psychology to denote a category of mental retardation"), just to clarify my feelings. I dont feel that animal planet was putting boas in the proper light in that video either ("despite there aggresive nature") what bull Ive been bitten by my corns more than my RTB's. Any snake and for that matter most any other animal period would have a similar aggresive break if treated like that poor snake was...
                          I can chime in and second the fact I was bitten more by my cali king (RIP Fred) than either of my boas. The only time I've been tagged by one of my boas is when I had to force her mouth open to remove some partially swallowed substrate a long ago (note: long ago, I feed on newspaper since this incident!) . And let me tell you, it took a LOT of work to get her to chomp on me so I could get her mouth open enough to get to the back of her throat and remove the chip things. Even in all her distress to get them out herself she wouldnt bite at me while I wrangled her and such.

All is well of course... so two lessons to be learned: never ever feed on non newspaper type stuff (probably common sense these days) and boas do not bite even when provoked repeatidly. Atleast mine do not. Can't speak for anything other than BCC and BCI but they are wayyyyyy tamer than anything else I own (I'm including my cats and dogs who sometimes snip at you)

Comment

So many things are wrong with this video, first of all they put boas in such a bad light. It seems everytime i watch a video on snakes or read an article from a news source, snakes are painted as crazy monsters who want nothing more than to eat you.

My boa is a million times less likely to bite me than my ****zu (my ****zu has bitten me countless times (were talking over 1000 times atleast)) and my boa weighs in with a whopping 0 bites.

They also touched on one of my biggest pet peeves, "unlike rattlesnakes, boa's are POISONOUS". There are no poisonous snakes you buffoons! It's called venomous.

Shows the amount of research animal planet puts into their shows.

Can't trust many sources these days, most people don't put in the research, and would rather pump up the fear factor of snakes for ratings.

Makes my blood boil.

Comment

thats what happens when you push them when they dont wanna be passed around anymore, they can only take so much. i take mine out alot when they go to work with me, but i definately do NOT let hardly anyone actually hold them, except for 2-3 coworkers maybe.

Comment

Working...
                              X