This dog is VICIOUS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This dog is VICIOUS!!

Hes my jack russell mix. He knew he was in trouble so he ran under the living room chair and he wouldnt come out so I could send him to his room. He sounds scary but he wont bite me, he just lets it be known that he is MAAAAAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7aMMH-n5U

EDIT: I changed it to YouTube. I think its faster like this.

Re: This dog is VICIOUS!!

Well thats definitely a Jack Russel Terrorist, lol. He is challenging you by the way. Before I go on let me just say I'm not trying to be rude or judgmental but I feel my experience with the breed can be helpful here, and thats my only motivation. The Jack Russel is a true Terrier, a killing dog. It was originally bred to hunt and kill mice and rats. One of the standards of the Jack is a good stiff and strongly rooted tail. The reason for this is so you can grab your dog by the tail and retrieve him after a kill. Many times people feel a Jack is a good dog for them because of the size of the animal, believing it to be a good choice for smaller spaces. This is NOT the case, the Jack does best on a farm or large property where it can run and have a constructive outlet for its killer instinct. Dogs no matter what breed, need a leader. It is stressful to be the Alpha and so they crave and appreciate dominance, leadership and discipline. I've helped to balance several of these dogs in the past and what I've found to work best is to get on top of the discipline right away. Also as counterproductive as it may seem, buy him a rat and let him kill it every once in a while.

Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
      Well thats definitely a Jack Russel Terrorist, lol. He is challenging you by the way. Before I go on let me just say I'm not trying to be rude or judgmental but I feel my experience with the breed can be helpful here, and thats my only motivation. The Jack Russel is a true Terrier, a killing dog. It was originally bred to hunt and kill mice and rats. One of the standards of the Jack is a good stiff and strongly rooted tail. The reason for this is so you can grab your dog by the tail and retrieve him after a kill. Many times people feel a Jack is a good dog for them because of the size of the animal, believing it to be a good choice for smaller spaces. This is NOT the case, the Jack does best on a farm or large property where it can run and have a constructive outlet for its killer instinct. Dogs no matter what breed, need a leader. It is stressful to be the Alpha and so they crave and appreciate dominance, leadership and discipline. I've helped to balance several of these dogs in the past and what I've found to work best is to get on top of the discipline right away. Also as counterproductive as it may seem, buy him a rat and let him kill it every once in a while.

Mat.

Thanks. I understand the JRT pretty well. I didnt take anything you said as being rude or judgemental so no worries.
      He knows I am the pack leader and will listen to me 99% of the time. He knows I am the alpha because when he knows he is in trouble and can not run and hide he will cower down and crawl to me then roll over. Hes not a full JRT but his mother was a blue min pin and father half JRT half chihuahua so he has the tail docked short like a min pin and not the 5" JRT.
      I am working on turning him into a dock dog because I know how much he loves to please. Hes a super fast learner and eager to please. I havent let him kill anything yet but he will "kill" his toys and then display the body once the stuffing is out lol. My original plan was to get him to hunt rabbits with me and I saw a wild one and put him to the test on chasing it. I showed it to him, put him on the ground and made him sit and stay.. then I snapped my fingers and he was gone like a rocket. He got within about a foot of the rabbit then it cut through a fence and I yelled STOP and he didnt go through after it then came back to me. I still may get him on rabbits if I can.

Woah! didnt realize that was so long. sorry.

Comment

wow lol i thought it was gonna bite your hand off lol

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
          wow lol i thought it was gonna bite your hand off lol
          lol no, he knows not to bite hard..we got that figured out EARLY when he was about 10 weeks old and would lunge at your face and chomp down on your chin or nose with his tiny SHARP puppy teeth lol.

He only puts his teeth on me but wont bite down. When we wrestle and he feels like hes getting too rough he will stop and get a small toy and chew and shake on that WHILE we are still fighting so he can bite that hard but not me lol. Hes pretty smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Spo0led View Post
            Thanks. I understand the JRT pretty well. I didnt take anything you said as being rude or judgemental so no worries.
            He knows I am the pack leader and will listen to me 99% of the time. He knows I am the alpha because when he knows he is in trouble and can not run and hide he will cower down and crawl to me then roll over. Hes not a full JRT but his mother was a blue min pin and father half JRT half chihuahua so he has the tail docked short like a min pin and not the 5" JRT.
            I am working on turning him into a dock dog because I know how much he loves to please. Hes a super fast learner and eager to please. I havent let him kill anything yet but he will "kill" his toys and then display the body once the stuffing is out lol. My original plan was to get him to hunt rabbits with me and I saw a wild one and put him to the test on chasing it. I showed it to him, put him on the ground and made him sit and stay.. then I snapped my fingers and he was gone like a rocket. He got within about a foot of the rabbit then it cut through a fence and I yelled STOP and he didnt go through after it then came back to me. I still may get him on rabbits if I can.

Woah! didnt ralize that was so long. sorry.
            Thats awesome. I think maybe a rat is a better first try and I would do it in a controlled environment to avoid any issues with the dog getting hurt or sick (wild rabbits will have parasites most of the time and remember rabies shots do not always work and it is always fatal in K9's) Dock jumping is great, I'm going to get my new dog started on that when it warms up and it's great to see a little dog keeping up with the big guys at the competitions.

[Edit] Don't worry about post length with me, I like to read and thats the main reason I go to discussion forums, so no apology needed.
            Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
              Thats awesome. I think maybe a rat is a better first try and I would do it in a controlled environment to avoid any issues with the dog getting hurt or sick (wild rabbits will have parasites most of the time and remember rabies shots do not always work and it is always fatal in K9's) Dock jumping is great, I'm going to get my new dog started on that when it warms up and it's great to see a little dog keeping up with the big guys at the competitions.

[Edit] Don't worry about post length with me, I like to read and thats the main reason I go to discussion forums, so no apology needed.
              Mat.

Heres his "Killer instinct" lol

Then he also understands when I say.."Be nice"

Ive also let the beardie crawl around on the floor and he wont mess with him. Just kinda look and wonder why he wont play tug of war with him lol.

Comment

Ill have to post another video of him being a baby sometime. Or at least a picture when he thinks hes a person. He will sit up on the recliner with me like a person with his belly sticking out and looking like a couch potato.

Comment

Working...
                X