A Video Of My Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Video Of My Collection

Here is a video of my collection. Enjoy.

YouTube - Albino Boa CollectionVideo

Re: A Video Of My Collection

Nice collection. The albinos are definately slick, but that snow is smoking!
    "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

some lovely snakes there buddy.

the more I keep seeing this darn snow the more I want one!!! its not like I mind looking though

Comment

Great video! I know what you mean about not being able to leave the snake alone. Every one says give it a week... but I don't bother with it either. She's awesome looking and huge for an '09. If I had to guess at her birthdate I'd say Jan 1st 2009 at 12:01 am LOL! As far as the Albino that you have that you aren't sure if it's Kahl or not, well if you're not sure then it's likely a Kahl since the Sharp strain is rarer and people generally want to cash in on that rarity.

Mat.

Comment

WOW! That snow is WICKED!

Comment

why you gotta do that man? ....You know of our jealousies, not cool
            just kidding but now I want one and it will be years many many years before I think of getting one BUT anyway Congrats on the collection its gorgous. just a word of advice IF you ever decide to breed them I ve heard white to white snake breeding is touchy for deformaties. just thought I d thor that out there. very nice though thanks for sharring.

Comment

Nice video.Them real tame ones seem to shine dont they!My cheapest boa will always have a good home here for her energy of loving life.

Comment

First thank you all for all the nice comments. My favorite part of this forum is the great members. Now I have a question about a good point brought up in one of the posts: Do snows have a limited lifespan? I have heard of albino X albino breedings are disastrous (deformities, one eyed snakes, kinks, etc...). I am so attached to my animals it would kill me if my snow had an expectancy of let's say less than 10 years. About the breeding I am currently debating what my next snake will be (yes I know I am a freakin' junkie, addict, like Big Papa E describes it: I am waiting for the next UPS truck to arrive and drop off another hit!! I just got a snow and im already thinking hmmm....next is). I am really considering the anery gene het snow or albino. I really like this morph and I really want to get into the snow project but it won't be for a while that I get another snake. My wife will literally hang my hide if I bust out and say, "Well dear im spending $600 on another snake". We will see right now breeding is really far far away in my collection. Right now they are my personal pets and I am really enjoying them.

Comment

Cool video! The albino's are sweet but wow the snow is killer!

Comment

That’s a cool collection you have so far!

It’s totally not true that a boa carrying the albino gene has a shorter lifespan than a normal boa. The only thing that will shorten the lifespan of your boa is overfeeding it and making it grow to 5ft in one to 2 years or an accidental mishap.

Also the one eyed boa which occurs in albino/sunglow projects is believed to happen most often when you breed siblings together i.e. a lot of people buy pairs consisting of an albino and a DH sunglow for sunglow projects. These are most often siblings and may contribute to the one eyed boas. There are many theories and some say that one eyed boas can pop up in an albino litter no matter what. Ryan Homsey (TopNotchBoas) of this forum bred an albino to a sunglow and produced a great litter with zero slugs and no deformities or stills. I’m sure he posted it on the forums here. I wouldn’t worry so much about the one eyed boa as your Female is from Tim in Ohio and your Male from Brian in FL (both reputable breeders, I will say hi to Tim this weekend for you lol as he may be attending the WhitePlains Show in NY). I think you will be just fine if you decided to do a breeding trial with them in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      First thank you all for all the nice comments. My favorite part of this forum is the great members. Now I have a question about a good point brought up in one of the posts: Do snows have a limited lifespan? I have heard of albino X albino breedings are disastrous (deformities, one eyed snakes, kinks, etc...). I am so attached to my animals it would kill me if my snow had an expectancy of let's say less than 10 years. About the breeding I am currently debating what my next snake will be (yes I know I am a freakin' junkie, addict, like Big Papa E describes it: I am waiting for the next UPS truck to arrive and drop off another hit!! I just got a snow and im already thinking hmmm....next is). I am really considering the anery gene het snow or albino. I really like this morph and I really want to get into the snow project but it won't be for a while that I get another snake. My wife will literally hang my hide if I bust out and say, "Well dear im spending $600 on another snake". We will see right now breeding is really far far away in my collection. Right now they are my personal pets and I am really enjoying them.
                      I am planning an Albino to Sunglow breeding and am currently shopping for that Sunglow female. I had the same concerns and had enough experienced breeders on this site tell me it's not really an cause for concern anymore. The way I heard it the deformities you are worried about are typically believed to be caused by breeding snakes to closely related to each other as already mentioned.

With the amount of out-crossing that has happened with Albinos since the 90's it is not really a concern anymore when breeding unrelated snakes. However, I will pass on the advice given to me by Linda as I trust her experience and the logic is perfectly sound: If you do breed them together and get unwanted results, like deformities, do not ever breed either of the snakes again as it will be impossible to tell which snake is causing the issue.

Good luck with your 'bino projects and keep those pics and vids of the Snow comin...I need them to hold me over till I get my own lol.

Oh by the way, you are in the Snow project, all you need at this point is an Anery het for Albino or an Albino het for Anery or you could do it with a DH Snow normal but your chances will be much greater with one of the other two. Like I mentioned before I'm going to breed an Albino to Sunglow and that should yield a fairly even split of Albinos and Sunglows with 0 normals.

Mat.

Comment

Thanks again for the good replies. I was a little worried about the albino breeding issues but the info you guys gave me cleared things up. Good luck with the sunglow project Mat.

Alex although I don't know Tim on a face to face basis he is a "class act" of a person. While we were going through the whole snow transaction he always remained calm and patient with me and never got angry. Not that I treated him rudely or unfairly but I feel as I may have been a bit imposing. Tim is a pro and if you will, do say hi for me. I would appreciate it. I am looking to do more business with him in the near future. He and Brian Dierking are the two breeders at the top of my list.

Comment

WOW bro your collection is absolutely amazing! I saw your video on another forum and since have wanted a Snow! She is truly breath taking!!

Comment

Nice animals you have there. It is like an addiction, you can't have one. One of my sayings is, you can never have too many boas. Nice video, and thanks for the kind words. I think my favorite was the female albino, lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X