Hypo or super hypo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypo or super hypo?

my wife and i are just now gettin into genetics and we just aquired this new girl today and judging by the BLACK (my wife says its brown) outlining the blotches on her tail, i would say she is just Hypo..... and my wife believes she is super hypo or hypo/het for something.... WHAT WOULD YOU SAY......

My wife wants to know if this could be an example of co-dominance.....

Re: Hypo or super hypo?

ya it looks like a hypo to me it might possibly be a salmon (just a form/line of hypo) but supers tend to have reduced patters and some striping from what i have seen but i have not seen very many super hypos so i dont really know

Comment

There really is no way of telling other than to breed her. I've seen some wicked hypos turn out to be het when bred. The other way around too.

Good luck in finding out though!!

Comment

I would say it is beautiful but as far as super, yea what Dirty said..lol
        Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
        There really is no way of telling other than to breed her.
        still very nice looking though,
        Harmon

Comment

Here is a few pics. You still would need to breed them to know for sure if these are supers.

Comment

I also had to throw this one in cause it is just awesome.

Comment

Really unless you know the lines she came from it's so hard t tell just by looking at pictures. Either way she is awesome looking and should produce some sexy babies

Comment

I forgot to add your boa is beautiful and even if it is not a super, it is a animal you can be proud of. In the pictures, I was just trying to show you the different lines (salmon or orange tail)

Comment

If both her parents were not hypos then there is no way she can be a super. Remember that for any given trait we receive one piece (allele) from each parent. A super hypo has two hypo pieces (alleles) and are standard hypo has one hypo and one normal. When an animal has two different alleles they are termed heterozygous. Supers are homozygous animals (both alleles the same).

Comment

only one way to find out whether its a super or not, but either way, nice pickup

Comment

If you don't know the genetics then the only way to find out is to breed it and prove it out, like others have already said. Some people will tell you that supers won't have black or dark rings around the tail saddles or that a super won't have a black "mustache" or so many other descriptions but this is not true and there are supers that may even appear sub-par as well as hets that are outstanding.

Comment

looks hypo to me. nice snake

Comment

Working...
                        X