• Show
Clear All

• Here's a punnett square Calculator

For those who are interested Here's a punnett square Calculator

Punnett Square Calculator

Professional Punnett Square Calculator

It's completely FREE :

Bifido Punnett Square Calculator
    Last edited by brusfff; 05-31-2012, 05:50 AM.

Comment

The short description of the calculator

Bifido Punnett Square Calculator
      This is the most powerful and fast genetic calculator. With this program you can easily generate punnett squares for very difficult genetics crosses and simulate ratio and probability for offspring in real genetics experiments. Because of the special algorithm, you get absolutely correct results less than one second. You can use more than one letter to designate the alleles in the parental genotypes and use "+" sign for the dominant alleles. With this program calculation of punnett squares will no longer be for you the hard work. The program has many rich features. This professional tool give you a great opportunities for solving not only simple mendelian crosess, but genetics problems for linkage, polygenic inheritance and polyploidy. And with a powerful mechanism of a traits files it is possible to solve a problems for genes interactions crosses, like incomplete dominance, codominance, epistasis and polygenic inheritance. For these purposes, you can use the prepared examples files and write your own traits files. Besides of the punnett square calculator you find useful extensions, Crossing Over Map Calculator (to determine the distance between genes (up to three genes) on genetic map with crossing over process), Fruit Fly Gender Calculator (for to determine the gender of fruit flies - Drosophila melanogaster) and Recombination Progeny Calculator(to determine how many progeny in the screen you need for find at least one recombination progeny). Using this software you increase your knowledge in the genetics and have a better understanding of the principles of genetics and save your time.
      Last edited by brusfff; 05-31-2012, 05:54 AM.

Comment

If you need help with the calculator

If you have any problem with Bifido Calculator, then you can describe it, and I try to help you.

Comment

Re: Here's a punnett square Calculator

And neither is worth anything to me.

The Chang Bioscience calculator is a web app, and my connection is too slow for a web app to be useable. According to the docs, it doesn't use +, and there is only one character per gene. Either lack would be a deal breaker for me.

I had high hopes for the Bifido Punnett Square Calculator. It is stand along on my box. It is as blazing fast as they claim. It can use + and symbols with multiple characters. But + stands for the most dominant gene, not the normal gene. The program will not produce the right phenotypes when both parents are heterozygous for a codominant mutant gene in one gene pair and for a recessive mutant gene in a second gene pair. And there are a number of inconveniences. Your mileage may vary, but it's thumbs down for me.

Comment

If you need - describe exact example or problem and I try to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by brusfff View Post
              1)
              2) You can't mark the dominant and recessive genes with same character. So "+" can't be dominant and recessive in same moment. By default "+" is dominant for program. But if you need it you can do it. You can do it with traits files.
              In the lab mouse, A^vy = viable dominant yellow, + = agouti = normal, a = nonagouti (black)
              A^vy is dominant to both normal and nonagouti.
              + is recessive to A^vy and dominant to a
              a is recessive to both A^vy and +.

A^vy//a x +//a -->
              1/4 A^vy//+ = viable dominant yellow
              1/4 A^vy//a = viable dominant yellow
              1/4 +//a = looks normal
              1/4 a//a = nonagouti (black)
              That is a trivial problem in mouse genetics.

The program will give me the right answer to a breeding problem if I do it its way. I want the program to do it my way. I don't intend to buy it, so It isn't worth my time to figure out how to make it do it my way.

Comment

Dear paulh,
                Thank you for your time. I completely understand your point. You don't need the trait file. The program use the ascii table for determination of dominant/recessive relationship. Сharacter with a smaller number in the table will dominate over the character with a large number. For example - "a" dominate over "z". So you need simple mark allel with character that will be dominate over "+". For example "#" dominate over "+". So if you write your parents genotypes like this: <#A^vy><a> x <+><a> - you get correct answer.

<a> 1 (25%)
                <+> 1 (25%)
                <#A^vy> 2 (50%)

I'll be very glad if it's will be helpful for you.
                With best regards. brus.

Comment

Working...
                X